• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Service stopped a while ago, but I'm still getting stuff. What is this?

Kaljinyu

Smash Rookie
I've been checking in on various Smash communities for an answer to this, but so far, no one has been able to help me. This being one of the upper crust deluxe communities with all the cred and clout, I thought, if not here, nowhere.

Anyway, Smash Service stopped taking submissions a while back, and people took that to mean that we wouldn't be getting any more Snapshots and Stages from Nintendo. But they kept coming. People told me that it was because they still had some, and when they ran out of new ones, they'd stop.

However, I'm starting to notice repeat Stages and Snapshots. Has this been happening to anyone else? I have a theory, I think Smash Service content is cyclical. Does anyone know for a fact if it's cyclical or not? Because I've definitely seen some of these before.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If you still look at Smash service Snapshots and Stages, you are 100, no, 1000 times more devoted to those aspects of the game than anyone else on this board :D

Nobody checks Smash Service anymore lol

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I do actually. Smash Service is now called The "Smash Service Archives" Which means you are getting stages and pics that was already submitted and used.

Kaljinyu

Smash Rookie
I do actually. Smash Service is now called The "Smash Service Archives" Which means you are getting stages and pics that was already submitted and used.
That's an interesting name for it, I've never heard it called that.

Anyway, by "submitted and used", you mean submitted and released? Does that mean it IS cyclical? Or are these repeats not necessarily in the same order they were in before?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
PRetty sure it's cyclical now, or at least it is once they get through all the submissions they received.

Top Bottom