• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Smash Run

noshadowkick

Smash Rookie
I just gotta say guys, I'm really enjoying Smash Run. I understand why most reviewers aren't a fan of the mode, and why it's an afterthought on these boards, but holy crap it's a blast.

Yes, I wish the challenge at the end wasn't random. Yes, it's repetitive. Yes, 5 min of bashing for a 2 minute challenge feels a little anticlimactic at times. I hear what people are saying.

But man! The JOURNEY is where it's at! The way that stat boosts, power ups, and unlockables are incorporated is so dang fun.

That's all I have to say.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It is fun! It also doesn't support online, which makes it a lot less fun than it could have been otherwise.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I had intended to build up an All-Purpose Topic for Smash Run that was all about discussing the mode, organising events and players, etc, as I was incredibly hyped for it.

Unfortunately, it does not have online, so I have no reason to work on such a thing.

However, despite it's shortcomings, it's still my favourite single player mode in the game. Classic Mode got boring way more quickly, IMO. Whereas Smash Run feels like a new experience with each character.

espio87

Smash Ace
Every time I play Smash Run I can't stop thinking of the Nephalem Rifts in Diablo 3. The amount of randomness between the enemies and the treasure keep making me come back for more. I just hope a future patch adds some more content to keep it fresh. Maybe implement the Intensity Slider to make it even crazier...
And yes, I too think the final match should be selectable.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
It's definitely really fun. I'm tempted to say it's the best part of the 3DS version. Even playing alone, I haven't gotten bored.

For anyone looking for tips, Horizon beam, Auto Heal / Health Recovery, and Hammer are really good powers. Spinning Blades is good too if you have extra capacity available.

As far as equipment effects, the "increased dash speed" is super useful in Smash Run, since you tend to cover a lot of ground. If you have this, even if your speed stat is bad you can still make it around and get stat boosts.

I wish you could play this mode online, even if it was only with friends.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Probably the only very good Sm4sh 3DS exclusive thing. Already beat it with all the characters, it's pretty damn fun.

Sambiti

Smash Cadet
It is really fun especially with friend to play with locally, but i do hope they add online smash run.

Top Bottom