• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Online Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337marth

Smash Ace
i am sure some of you have played Halo, and they have rankings online. I think that Super Smash Bros Brawl should have a kind of ranking system, and you can face people your rank, and try to get up another level. It would be a great Advancement to the Super Smash Bros. More people would play, and maybe less dropped matches.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
They still couldn't make me play unless they fixed the input lag.

ssbbplayers.com has online ranking if you really want it that bad.

Edds

Smash Ace
sakurai stated that he didnt want a ranking system. and online is pretty flawed with the button input delay. spammers have an advertage

DN Reno

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be an awesome idea also. You’re not likely to get better by playing people who are at a different skill level.

The best battles are the close ones that make you focus to stay alive. Getting slapped about with no chance of winning doesn't teach you much on its own just like playing a 2 year old who can barely hold the controller wouldn’t teach you anything... But if your playing someone of equal skill (or close to) then you start to think about the little things that could improve your play by the slightest bit.

But I have to agree with Edds. There isn't much skill involved with the button Delay and it seems like there will never be a ranking system.

If you really wanted you could try to start up your own levelling system through the forums, though it might be a bit too much effort...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom