• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash on Nintendo DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sytrix

Smash Rookie
Do you think there is going to be a Super Smash Bros. on the DS? I know it wouldn't work very well...

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Just searching "ds smash" gives about seven results. The only thing that would make a smash game for the DS weird would be the use of the second screen. Unless they used the touch screen for something like expendable moves or something, I can't think of a whole lot they could do with it. Other than that it could work just fine. The graphics wouldn't be very far beyond SSB but there are more than enough buttons to do everything we can in SSBM. They'd have to make double tapping a direction replace "smashing" which could make it feel a bit awkward at first but I'm sure it could work.

sytrix

Smash Rookie
yeah, maybe eventually but it would take a while to develope. for now, i'm sticking to my gamecube version.

beebee

Smash Apprentice
Just searching "ds smash" gives about seven results. The only thing that would make a smash game for the DS weird would be the use of the second screen. Unless they used the touch screen for something like expendable moves or something, I can't think of a whole lot they could do with it. Other than that it could work just fine. The graphics wouldn't be very far beyond SSB but there are more than enough buttons to do everything we can in SSBM. They'd have to make double tapping a direction replace "smashing" which could make it feel a bit awkward at first but I'm sure it could work.
actually when i typed ds smash in it only gave me this thread.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Ahem! Loathe as I am to supporting a redundant thread with my posts, I cannot abide letting this comment slide. Are you so narrow-minded as to not see the inherent utility of the Touch Screen? It would function as a control stick. That way you could do smash attacks, which you couldn't do with a D-pad. It'll also probably be a remake of Smash Bros., rather than Melee. But I can see the ability to use multiple items in addition to being a control stick. If I had my way, it would come with a stylus ring, rather than a conventional stylus.

See you when the OP finds an older topic and posts in it.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Note this is the SSBB room. If you want to talk about SSBDS, please go to the Lighthouse. Thanks, chi! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom