• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash FU (New York) LAG

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
Yes, if you've recently been on the Smash FU server for New York, you've probably experienced some sort of lag, although when you clicked lagstat, nothing came up. 0 lag spikes from all parties. Maybe I'm the only person this has been happening to, but it's really starting to make things difficult for me to play. Usually my ping is 15-25 and I'm good to play anyone, but it's ridiculous how much lag swarms my game if there's just too many people on the server (that's what I'm guessing is causing the lag). I haven't reached out to KnitePhox about this just yet, but thought there should be some open discussion about it here on the forums.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there anything that can be done about it? (don't wanna hear "play on Demon Cat" or some other server, my ping is the best on the Smash NY server). This is NOT A COMPLAINT post, I just want to clarify what is going on. THANKS :D

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
I get the lag with 0s showing up in lagstat as well but only at the beginning of a game. It smooths out for me after the first 30 seconds or so and shows other numbers in lagstat after that.

ganas

Smash Cadet
I was getting crazy lag earlier today too, even with lagstat showing few spikes, if any.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
what lag?

jk.

wether it lags or doesn't, i have no control over the PHYSICAL server's network, ever.
the problem of lagstat not showing correct lag is not unique to Smash FU.

the only remedies i know of are kicking lots of idle people, people with super high pings, and lastly restarting server.

IT'S FREE, ENJOY!!!

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
what lag?

jk.

wether it lags or doesn't, i have no control over the PHYSICAL server's network, ever.
the problem of lagstat not showing correct lag is not unique to Smash FU.

the only remedies i know of are kicking lots of idle people, people with super high pings, and lastly restarting server.

IT'S FREE, ENJOY!!!
Thanks, man. But I don't have that kind of mod power to kick people with high pings or idle people unfortunately.

Top Bottom