• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash controls

SolidSmash

Smash Rookie
I was just wondering who uses the C stick to smash as opposed to using the analog+A. I still use analog+A, habit from 64 that continued through Melee, but I tried it a few times last night and it seems that the timing is much better with C. The only thing I don't like is that the jump buttons are farther away. Any thought?

optimusprimm

Smash Rookie
I used to always analog it, but now I C-Stick unless.

Something to note, you can remap the button scheme in Brawl, so you can set a trigger as the jump button, and then C-Sticking is even scarier.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
With Snake if I smash at all it's either a blatant mistake or I'm planting a Dsmash. There's also the Dash > Usmash combo, that's the time when I c-stick my smash.

Everyone else though, I analog it. I like being able to delay reactions since I always execute them early.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
For the dash > usmash combo, I use the analog stick unless I know I'm gonaa hit the guy. Guaranteed mortar-dash.

Raisinbran10488

Smash Cadet
I use the anolog-a the most, but when you need a smash attack at the quickest possible frame, you gotta go c-stick. (I use remote-nunchaku, with the dpad acting as my c-stick though. Works nice btw for anybody wondering.)

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
using the c stick for snake is very good for up and down. down because it lets you put a mine down fast and up because it cuts down the time, which is great for juggling

Top Bottom