• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Carolina V - Greenville, SC. Melee, P:M, Smash 4

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Here is a link to all results!

http://smashcarolina.challonge.com/

Melee is on it's way! Someone else made the top 16 bracket under a different account. Those will be up soon!

I would like to issue a formal apology for this event. I feel like I misjudged the time it would take, and everything ran over very late. I take responsibility for that. There were several issues with the brackets that should not have happened. I became overwhelmed with all the attendees, and lost myself in it. I humbly ask for your forgiveness.

On another note, I would like to thank everyone for coming out. I want to give a few specific shoutouts.

Shoutouts to Fatality for being a beast teammate at Melee. The combos and everything were insanely hype, and I'd love to team again at an event I'm not TOing.

Shoutouts to Star Lord, Flow, Fullmetal, BTDubs, and Doppelganger for helping me out when I needed it. You guys are all fantastic as people just as much as fantastic players.

Shoutouts to Picmin, Le Fou, and Spinjump for listening to me vent during a break, and specifically for Spin going to get me food. I very much appreciate it.

One last thing, I will no longer be hosting Smash Carolina. The rights were trademarked by the owner of the venue, and I do not wish to exhaust myself trying to re secure them. 1Up's contributions do not go unnoticed, and they were appreciated. However, I do publicly ask that no more "Smash Carolina" Tournaments are hosted. I sincerely wish for this series that I started in a small store called ER Wireless end on the High Note that was SCV since I will no longer be involved. Instead, we must look to the future of the South Carolina Smash Scene. With a new title on the rise, big things are in store for us. I thank the community for the support they've given me and the tournament series. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I will still organize events and learn from my mistakes, but for now, Smash On my friends.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
However, I do publicly ask that no more Smash Carolina Tournaments are hosted.
You might want to change the wording to have quotation marks or add smash after Carolina to prevent some confusion.

I'm kind of curious what happened, were there disagreements on how the tournaments should be run? Also will 1Up be hosting events by themselves from now on?

Looking forward for your future events!

Last edited:

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
I'd like to thank everyone I faced, and everyone I met and talked to at the tourney, for being really great and really fun to be around. I keep improving, and I'm looking forward to coming back even stronger next tourney. Until next time!

Top Bottom