• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brothers Brawl In GameWorks Miami (Florida) every Thursday!

littlesushi

Smash Rookie
Hi, I was looking around for some local smash boards but really couldn't find any, friend linked me here.

We're giving console tournaments a shot at my job and we want to see the feedback. We're gonna have the Japanese version of Brawl running tomorrow and I know this is kind of rushed, but if you would like to see more tournaments down here, please go and show up tomorrow around 7ish.

Any questions, just ask them here. I hope this can get off the ground cause I really want a place to do tournaments at. Would make my job so much funner haha.

Thanks.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I wish this was closer, there are TONS of UCF peeps who are dying to get their hands on Brawl.

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Well, sounds interesting. If you would please post an address and more specific info, maybe a friend and I can show up.

1. How are the rounds set up? Free for all, 1v1, 2v2?
2. How many Wii setups will there be?
3. Do you have to pay to enter/play?
4. How long will the console be there for? (7pm-??? I'm assuming)
5. Rules for playing?
-How many stocks/lives?
-Time lmit for matches?
-Winner stays?

Sorry to barrage you with questions, but I don't want to go there and end up playing like one match >_<

littlesushi

Smash Rookie
Just got back from work. It was nice, about 30 people showed up in total, pretty sweet for such a short notice.

It was 6$ to get in, we ran it from like 7-12. Not bad, noone complained about not playing enough, so that was good. We had a second Wii there for about an hour, then he bailed out on me lolz. We just set up the other projector to Capcom Vs SNK 2. So we had, Rock Band, CVS2, and Brawl. People had fun.

They were doing it in teams of 2. 4 stocks I believe. Umm, no items, smash balls set to low. We didn't run a tournament today but there was interest for one. We're gonna do this again next week, people had a blast.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions, I'm the one setting all this up so you're talking directly to the one in charge. Any ideas or input would be gladly accepted.

littlesushi

Smash Rookie
5701 sunset drive.

It's at Sunset place, which is on US1 and 57 ave (red road). Doing it again this week, got everyone unlocked minus, Wolf, Toon Link, Jigglypuff, and Game and Watch.

Top Bottom