• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Emotional Support Thread

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Welcome to the Smash Bros Emotional Support Thread.

Since this game can have a high tendency of creating agitation among players, or provoking other emotions, I felt it was a good idea to create a emotional support thread where users can vent and outline their problems, the mental blockages keeping them from succeeding. At least at the start.

No one will be judged here. Just be honest. I'll try to respond to people the best I can. As a community, we should be here for each other, as well as respect each other.

So, if this game has struck a nerve, go ahead and get it off your shoulder. Its unnecessary weight. Again, you won't be judged.

- Foxus

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Hey love the idea for this thread. I've got a little story that is kinda related to this.

Last few weeks I've been feeling really meh about smash. Like, it's not that I can't get better, but more or less I don't really have the will to get better. I'm not improving as much as everyone else is and it's kind of annoying but at the same time I wasn't making a big effort to get better. Well at the weeklies I attend, I decided to do an all Ganon run. (Normally I play Falcon, Ike, Rosa, Fox, Falco, Roy, other high/mid tiers...#tierhoe) but this week I went Ganon, and I managed to place 7th. Thing is, despite the fact that I did worse than usual (I'm around the 5th-6th position on our PR), I had more fun just tearing through people with Ganon. It really made me love the game in a new light and it was the most fun I've had with sm4sh in a long time. And on top of all of that, I've been applying stuff from my Ganon's style of play into my other characters and it is helping me move forwards.

VillageofFitness

Smash Apprentice
Waiting for Cloud's release date is driving me crazy. A disgraceful IGN article that claims he could be a fake isn't helping my state.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Waiting for Cloud's release date is driving me crazy. A disgraceful IGN article that claims he could be a fake isn't helping my state.
Heh, my anticipation is building for the release of Wolf. It'll hit people like a speeding train, with everyone talking about Minecraft being the "big announcement." And IGN is kinda laughable, more entertaining if anything. Last time I went there, it was to watch Naomi get the living daylights scared out of her in FNAF.

Top Bottom