• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

smash bros brawl game freezes upon "ready to fight" invoke

piscessikono

Smash Rookie
i seem to be having issues playing my brawl w/ brawl minus 2.x, and upon invoking the "ready to fight" button, the game totally freezes upon pressing + or start.

if anyone has any feedback, please help. i've tried everything under the sun, eg: removing the smash stack, bannerbomb and i also have tried to remove the boot.elf file under my hdd root, partition [J], or usb2.

i have the following info in order for you to help:

wii system menu 4.1U
homebrew channel
neogamma channel
riivolution game retail disc patcher [under hbc]
smash [-] 2.x

i also would like a docx or compatible word file, if you have any.

thanks and have a blessed day.

piscea sikono
"life is good"

Andres.C

Smash Rookie
So when your at the CSS(Character select screen) and you choose your characters you freeze and don't get to the stage select screen? Seems like your stage selection screen is giving problems... do you have any sort of codes your using for the stage select screen? Have you modifted any files from Brawl -(Minus) like the common5.pac?

piscessikono

Smash Rookie
yeah, i did, but then i went to my local gameswap store, bryan fixed my wii from a total brick. i'm afraid to say that when i do load custom portraits, it does freeze after i hit + on the "ready 2 fight" button, that'll freeze again.

so to recap, i did replace the common5 and renamed the old one, but before i did, the mod ran like a dream, but i know when i did replace the precious files, it froze. pretty much a problem, right?

Top Bottom