• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Anime

Madara Aura

Smash Rookie
While he comes from a great video game series, Joker's inclusion makes me have more hope for anime characters in Smash. We already have Jump Force and Dragon Ball fighting games, but I wouldn't mind having one character making their appearance in Smash. I've never been one to cheer for Goku in Smash, not really being a DB fan. However, the inclusion of Naruto or maybe a JoJo character would be unbelievably fantastic.
Smash crowded with a bunch of anime characters would be stupid, but I think Smash serves as a testimony to our love as a worldwide community to Pop Culture, gaming, and Japanese influence, rather than a strict Nintendo fighter with a few guest appearances, so one or two would be ideal imo.
Who would you want in this game and do you think anime could fit in Smash Bros?

(Also imagine Guts from Berserk as an Ike echo fighter ughhhh)

Cynthia Richards

Smash Rookie
Yo that would be great!!!! Probably have to be a character really prevalent in anime though and someone who actually fights. No random slice of life characters.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Let the anime fans get their anime crossovers. Not surprisingly, the term "anime" is largely misinterpreted by the Smash community as there have been folks who instantly felt that Goku's chances of inclusion would increase upon Joker's confirmation.

If you want a Jojo game, play Heritage for the Future. Awesome but super broken.

Madara Aura

Smash Rookie
Let the anime fans get their anime crossovers. Not surprisingly, the term "anime" is largely misinterpreted by the Smash community as there have been folks who instantly felt that Goku's chances of inclusion would increase upon Joker's confirmation.

If you want a Jojo game, play Heritage for the Future. Awesome but super broken.
Oh yeah! I heard that one is WRYllllly fun.

Cynthia Richards

Smash Rookie
I don't know, every time I've tried to get in some show from Japan in the 2000's either I didn't care for it, tried to like it but ended up disliking it later on or outright hated it. What makes you believe I might like this one?
Well I get this is a Smash site and not an anime one but I'll fangirl for a minute. Just looking at your characters it looks like you prefer the cuties! The "main character" is a plucky, adorable little boy and the art is stunning. The series is just absolutely heartwarming. Like squealworthy heartwarming. My rule for anime is watch a couple of episodes before deciding to drop it. Try it out with this one! Use eng sub btw.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
I don't know, every time I've tried to get in some show from Japan in the 2000's either I didn't care for it, tried to like it but ended up disliking it later on or outright hated it. What makes you believe I might like this one?
HxH is a very solid anime (ranked #6 on MAL) that gets dark real quick. If you're into complicated anime battles mixed with a crap ton of dialogue, this show is for you. I'll admit, I gave up on reading the manga during the Succession Contest arc because of how wordy it was and the perplexing nen abilities popping up left and right.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Well I get this is a Smash site and not an anime one but I'll fangirl for a minute. Just looking at your characters it looks like you prefer the cuties! The "main character" is a plucky, adorable little boy and the art is stunning. The series is just absolutely heartwarming. Like squealworthy heartwarming. My rule for anime is watch a couple of episodes before deciding to drop it. Try it out with this one! Use eng sub btw.
Why watch it with subs? I prefer watching things in English.

Cynthia Richards

Smash Rookie
HxH is a very solid anime (ranked #6 on MAL) that gets dark real quick. If you're into complicated anime battles mixed with a crap ton of dialogue, this show is for you. I'll admit, I gave up on reading the manga during the Succession Contest arc because of how wordy it was and the perplexing nen abilities popping up left and right.
Yeah it really takes a turn...

Top Bottom