• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros 64 Hacks??

Ragin' Nate

Smash Rookie
I'm a big fan of Smash N64. However, I don't see any texture hacks for the game. This confuses me, because people are constantly modding brawl, but don't seem to touch 64. So, if someone is feeling so bold, someone could make a texture hack, and perhaps even try to program some new characters into the game. I don't know the first thing about modding or coding in general, but I did have some ideas for some hacks for each character, as well as some new characters.

Mario
I think a costume of Bomberman could work well for him, as well as Mega Man.

DK
For DK I thought that maybe we could stretch putting King K Rool over him, but that's really the only thing I could think of for him.

Link
This is a pretty easy one. Dark Link, Fierce Deity Link, and something that could resemble Child Link, probably with the deku shield design and the kokiri sword design.

Samus
Uhhh... I don't know. Zero Suit Samus? That's really the only thing I could think of.

Yoshi
For Yoshi I think it would be cool to see designs from other Mario enemies. Some examples could be Koopas and Rexes.

Kirby
I think Meta Knight would be a cool choice. However, we can think of more than that. Why not cram some more Mario enemy designs in there? I have always wanted King Boo in the game, and maybe the Goomba could be cool too. Also, I really want Waddle Dee in the game as well.

Fox
Isn't it obvious? Falco and Wolf need to be in the game.

Pikachu
The only thing I can think of for Pikachu is to change the colors a little bit. Make it a little more orange so it looks like Raichu, which is Pikachu's evolution.

Luigi
Duh. Mr L and Waluigi.

Captain Falcon
Uhhhh... I don't really have any ideas for this.

Ness
I think Lucas would be cool to have as a costume for Ness. We may as well just make it a costume since they are so similar anyway.

Jigglypuff
For Jigglypuff, most of Kirby's could work, but I think we could bring in the green bandanna from melee.

New Characters
I'll keep it short for this one, because if I listed all the new characters I want, we would be here until the next century.
-I think it's possible for Bowser to be put in the game, with his fire breath and everything.
-Please add Banjo and Kazooie. Please.
-I think Marth would be cool, cause he's Marth.
-A new Ganondorf. I mean like don't just find a way to bring in melee Ganon. He deserves better than just being a Captain Falcon clone
-Bowser Jr?
-I definitely want Mewtwo in. I love Mewtwo. You love Mewtwo. We all do.

I think that's it. If anyone wants to make this in some way, please let me know. Like I said, not a big coding guy, but hopefully I can help in some way.

The Loser of Light

Smash Rookie
Imagining is easy, work is hard.

Brawl happened in tandem with a powerful and thriving home brew scene for the Wii.

The closest we got is a falco replacement by some dude a long time ago, and he didn't leave any traces of what he did.

If you want it to exist, start making it happen.
Dump the textures to your desktop. Use google if you need to.

I'll even match you one for one. I messed around with that for quite a while, so I still have everything sitting around. If you can change one costume, I'll change a costume myself.

But without bringing anything besides ideas, then no one will do it for you.

Top Bottom