• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Blitz! The SSB4 Character Forum Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Welcome, to Smash Blitz! This is an all-new forum game I've created using Roster Maker! Below, you will see a enormous roster with 150 characters. What does this have to do with anything? The point of the game is to get the "perfect" characters for the game by seeing who will be quickly saved or be sent to their doom. The gameplay goes like this: You can make two moves on two different characters. You can move the character up, down, left, right or diagonally in any direction once. That character will now switch places with whoever is in the spot they will occupy.

This is extremely large, isn't it? Back on subject, let's take Kumatora, who is right above us in the second-to-last row. You can move two characters per day. So, with Kumatora as an example, you can switch her spot with Isaac, Tingle, Vaati, Meowth, Pac-Man, Toad, Mewtwo and Mona. You then proceed to choose another character. Let's say Mew. You can switch it with Tempo, Genesect, Conker, Jody Summers, E. Gadd, Lucina, Daisy or Porky. If a character is against a wall, such as Krystal or Lip on the bottom row, you can only switch with characters that are available, as in the case with Lip, you can only switch with Impa, Tamagon and Professor Layton. You also have to wait for 2 people to take turns before you can move a character again.​
Now not everything is fun and games. There is an objective. You see where Pichu is? The top row. Your job is to get the characters you want to the top and send those who you hate to the bottom. At the end of the day, if at least 10 people play, the entire bottom row of characters will be removed from the game and the roster. So if you want to make sure Pac-Man survives, you've got to move him quick before the end of the day. Back to Pichu, he's in the top-left corner. This is the V.I.P. If a character reaches that spot by the end of the day, he's invincible to being moved downwards the next day, but whoever makes the move that gets that character into that spot cannot move that character the next day. As an example, let's say at the end of the day I get Nintendog into the V.I.P. spot. I cannot move him tomorrow during the game, but nobody can move him downwards, only to the side for other characters to become V.I.P. The game will last about 2 weeks until we get to the final row, where the V.I.P. and the most popular characters are decided. But don't worry, after a few days a new puzzle will be posted.​
You'll also notice the most popular characters are featured at the bottom, as well as the fact that the universally-disliked Pichu is in the V.I.P. spot. Don't worry, the first match allows you to move characters from the V.I.P. spot, but this power only works for the first match. As for the popular characters, it gives you an incentive to play or else maybe King K. Rool won't make it :demon:.​
Talk among yourselves, the first match begins tomorrow. I'll post early, and it ends when I say so, near the time everyone goes to sleep.​
LET THE TALKING BEGIN!​

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Round 1- 4/6/13

Today's V.I.P.- Pichu (Pokemon)

The V.I.P. Row-
Dark Samus (Metroid)
Knuckles (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Mallow (Super Mario Bros.)
Proto Man (Mega Man)
Fawful (Super Mario Bros.)
Black Knight (Fire Emblem)
Jimmy T. (WarioWare)
Starfy (The Legendary Starfy)
Knuckle Joe (Kirby's Dream Land)
Tiki Tong (Donkey Kong Country)
Gooey (Kirby's Dream Land)
Rosalina (Super Mario Bros.)
K.K. Slider (Animal Crossing)
Peppy Hare (Star Fox)

The Chopping Block Row:
Lip (Panel de Pon)
Impa (Legend of Zelda)
Geno (Super Mario Bros.)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
Waluigi (Super Mario Bros.)
Ridley (Metroid)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
Bowser Junior (Super Mario Bros.)
King Hippo (Punch-Out!!)
Mewtwo (Pokemon)
Toad (Super Mario Bros.)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man World)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Krystal (Star Fox)

Moves of the Day:

Geno and Yarn Kirby (APC99)
Tiki Tong and Zero (APC99)
Toad and Mona (SuperBrawler)
Ridley and Barbara (SuperBrawler)
Spyro and Slippy (KingofPhantoms47)
Toad and Isaac (YoshiandToad)
Geno and Kat & Ana (CF711)
Dixie and Bayonetta (CF711)
King K. Rool and Shy Guy (SuperBrawler)
Mewtwo and Kumatora (SuperBrawler)
Little Mac and President (Smasher 101)
Meowth and T-Rex (Smasher 101)
Duck Hunt Dog and Pichu (Nintendotard)
Crash Bandicoot and Dark Matter (Nintendotard)
Wonder Red and Karate Joe (Hippopotasauce)
Roy and Eevee (Hippopotasauce)
Genesect and Wart (Wariofan1)
Jill and Birdo (KingofPhantoms47)
Palutena and Psycho Mantis (SuperBrawler)
Cloud and Hoenn Trainer (Spear in Smash Bros.)
Mickey Mouse and Dr. Eggman (Spear in Smash Bros.)
Pac-Man and T-Rex (APC99)
Waluigi and Kat & Ana (APC99)
Krystal and Captain Rainbow (Tepig2000)
Chrom and Jimmy T (Tepig2000)
Pichu and Dark Samus (SmasherMaster)
Toon Zelda/Tetra and Phoenix Wright (SmasherMaster)
Tamagon and Mickey Mouse (Smasher 101)
Slippy and Bowser Jr. (Smasher 101)
Crash Bandicoot and Peppy Hare (Nintendotard)
Mr. Resetti and Dr. Mario (Nintendotard)

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I'll be moving up Skull Kid. Anyone who is willing to do that with me, team up with me, and I'll use my second move for your character.

Edit: In case this wasn't clear, I meant every day.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'll be moving up Skull Kid. Anyone who is willing to do that with me, team up with me, and I'll use my second move for your character.

Nobody's replied yet, and it begins tomorrow. I myself will be making the first moves, so I suggest finding somebody quick to assist you, because I do not takes sides yet.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
...That's why I used the future tense "I'll." As for the rest of your comment, I don't understand the relevance.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
This seems like quite an interesting idea. Props for coming up with a completely new forum game.

I just have one question; on the first day is everyone basically on the same level or will the top row characters (Pichu, Knuckles, etc) have an advantage over those lower down (Little Mac, Palutena, Ridley, etc). I'm guessing the placement of current is to do with the popularity of certain smashers seeing as characters like King K. Rool and Bowser Jr. have a fanbase that will push them up fast, whilst Mallow, Fawful and the like don't have such support?

I thought I better ask for clarification, but I'll play for sure when this starts.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
This seems like quite an interesting idea. Props for coming up with a completely new forum game.

I just have one question; on the first day is everyone basically on the same level or will the top row characters (Pichu, Knuckles, etc) have an advantage over those lower down (Little Mac, Palutena, Ridley, etc). I'm guessing the placement of current is to do with the popularity of certain smashers seeing as characters like King K. Rool and Bowser Jr. have a fanbase that will push them up fast, whilst Mallow, Fawful and the like don't have such support?

I thought I better ask for clarification, but I'll play for sure when this starts.

They were all selected in the spots randomly, except for the bottom row and Pichu. I chose Pichu to be up there due to his hatebase and I chose the majority of the bottom row (with the exception of King Hippo and maybe Lip) knowing the fact they're all the most loved and popular Smashers. Everybody else was just from a random collection, plus or minus a few personal characters like Tamagon, Quote and Crash Bandicoot.

And with that, the game begins! I shall make the first two moves!

Switch Geno and Yarn Kirby
Switch Tiki Tong and Zero

Make your moves, fellow Smashers.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
I'll bite.

Switch Little Mac and President.
Switch Meowth and T-Rex.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Better save the good ones.

King K. Rool and Shy Guy
Mewtwo and Kumatora

EDIT: Just realized you can only do two per day lulz.

It's my fault, I forgot to say you have to wait for 4 switches to make a move again. I've added yours anyway :)

CF711

Smash Apprentice
A rule question. Since you can move two different characters is it possible to do, for example, K. Rool with Shyguy and then Masked Man with K. Rool? Do you need to select 4 unique characters to swap or is this example valid?

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Switch Duck Hunt Dog with Pichu
Switch Crash Bandicoot with Dark Matter

COMMENT: I do like the concept of the game, its like King of the Hill in a way :), however, I feel that as progress continues, it will be hard to recognize which characters have switched visually. I understand that youre marking the listings and may update the roster as the days go by, but as the game's popularity grows, there might be confusion as to which character is place where.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Switch Genesect and Wart.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Switch Duck Hunt Dog with Pichu
Switch Crash Bandicoot with Dark Matter

COMMENT: I do like the concept of the game, its like King of the Hill in a way :), however, I feel that as progress continues, it will be hard to recognize which characters have switched visually. I understand that youre marking the listings and may update the roster as the days go by, but as the game's popularity grows, there might be confusion as to which character is place where.
Agreed at the last part.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
If I could make a suggestion, once a new page begins the roster could be updated so that the people on the following page knows what the look is.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Can't get to Roster Maker at the moment... you guys continue on...

Little Mac and President were already switched. Sorry, I'll update OP soon.

Switch Pac-Man and T-Rex.
Switch Kat & Ana and Waluigi.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Switch Dixie Kong with Bayonetta and Krystal with Captain Rainbow

Edit : Just noticed that Dixie and Bayonetta were switched already, please ignore this. Instead, switch Chrom with Jimmy T.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
A rule question. Since you can move two different characters is it possible to do, for example, K. Rool with Shyguy and then Masked Man with K. Rool? Do you need to select 4 unique characters to swap or is this example valid?

Yeah, you can do that, Sorry I'm so late about answering it...

That IS a problem. I'll try to put it up on every page with the most current update, which I can't send right now, but it'll be in the next post I do for sure.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Tamagon and Mickey.
Bowser Jr. and Slippy.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Alright, thought I'd update you all and say that the contest will end in 5 hours! Since there are only forty posts per page, I'm going to update in three seperate posts!

Update 1: EVENT MATCH! Yes, I'm planning to do at least 3 extra "rules" to the game in order to slow down or speed up the game. Possible events include Robot Masters, exploding Creepers and a total hidden restart button where if a few certain characters are moved, another row will be added to the game! Isn't it delightful?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Update 2: Rule Changes!

To address you all, here are the rules:

-You make two moves per turn. However, you must wait for 4 moves to be made by other competitors before you can make another turn.
-A character can be moved in all 8 directions, and can be moved twice in a turn. However, you cannot use that character in your next turn if you move him twice in a turn.
-Whoever is in the top-left corner is the V.I.P. and whoever made the move that put that character into the spot will not be allowed to move that character the next day. The rule of other players not being able to move him/her down HAS BEEN REMOVED.
-At the end of the day, the entire bottom row will be deleted and never returning! Unless it's an event match.
-You don't have to do both moves in the same post, but the same rules of 4 more moves before another 2 moves still applies.

And that's it! See you next page with Update 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom