• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bag: January 20, 2008

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
The Final Smash (Bros. Game)?

I've heard rumours floating around that Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be the last Smash Bros. game produced. At first I figured it was just people being paranoid and stupid- I mean, Smash Bros. is probably Nintendo's biggest franchise, next to Mario, but people just won't let up. Is there any actual indication that Nintendo will stop making one of its best-sellers for some reason?
-Anonymous
Xsyven: The rumor you're refering to is an old saying by Sakurai, stating that this will be his last Smash Bros. game. Now, there's no way for sure if he meant what he said-- especially since he didn't even know he was supposed to work on Brawl in the first place. Even if Brawl is Sakurai's last smash game, I'm sure Nintendo will have someone else be the director of a sequel. Melee was the best selling game on the Gamecube, and I'm sure that Brawl will follow suit.
RandomGuy42: I think I remember hearing this once or twice myself, but I don't know of the origin. It wouldn't surprise me if this was Sakurai's last Smash Bros. game, but as for the series as a whole, only time will tell really.
Misto-Roboto: It's hard to say since I, like the rest, aren't so sure how serious Sakurai was being about such a statement. I'm sure Sakurai won't do another game until a new console comes out for Nintendo as Sakurai doesn't seem to be a fan of sequels like many game directors in Japan and only sees have Smash on a new system as a way to revive a franchise. Now he could do what Hideo Kojima did and stop after the third one... and then get a death threat to help make the fourth one.
Luigi

Since Mario's Down-B is now the FLUDD, what do you think Luigi's Down-B is?
-Kirbichu
Xsyven: Personally, I hate Luigi's Mansion-- so I'm hoping it ISN'T the vacuum cleaner. Let's just hope they've de-cloned Luigi even more this time around. ;)
Misto-Roboto: Don't listen to Xsyven, he wouldn't know a good game if it bit him in the butt. Besides we all know the only thing that sucked about Luigi's Mansion was Luigi's vacuum.:p His Down+B should definitely be his vacuum.
Game's Darkness

I have a question. Before, Brawl looked like it was going to be a very serious game, with a dark plot, with lots of deaths and a massive story, and the character models and stages even looked darker. But then we got the menus. All white and colourful, unlike the first two games. Can you explain why the game's tone is light and funny, but the game is dark?
-Thedude3445
Xsyven: You've gatta remember-- Brawl is a rated T fighting game, with cute Nintendo characters duking it out with star rods, and curry. Not exactly blood, death, and gore if you ask me. If this game were to be Resident Evil 5, then yeah, I'd wonder what the heck was up with the menus as well. But since this game is primarily a light-hearted multiplayer fighter, then I think the menu style fits it just fine.
RandomGuy42: From what little we know of the story, I don't think it's enough to really qualify as "dark". The mysterious invader storyline is almost clichéd, and any "death" (turning into a trophy) is plainly easily reversable (we've seen it twice in videos). The menu design also seems to be following recent Nintendo game trends, so I don't think there is anything wrong with it.
Misto-Roboto: I think the interface is just going with the style set by the Wii and because Melee already used a dark black-ish setup. I can't explain why you think the game is dark, but I'm not really getting that impression of it since we are talking about Nintendo charcaters here.

D

Deleted member

Noooooooo!!

I can't wait another six years for a Smash game!

I would want another another Smash in the Wii's lifecycle, or monthly updates to Brawl!

Top Bottom