• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash amiibo v.2

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So we've got designs for the Inkling and Ridley amiibo:

But what about for everyone else? Anyone who's been out since Brawl doesn't have one, so they'll need a new figurine. Since we have different renders for each character, will we get new releases for every character? Especially since the Zelda series even went with fully different looks?

Also, has Nintendo figured out that the clear plastic stands look better than colored ones, at least for the characters who need it? What about characters like Robin or Ike with different looks? Bayonetta and Cloud got two outfits, but I don't know if F!Robin ever got released.

I'd love to make sure my set matches the game. And of course I'm going to have to buy them again. Better start saving now.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If we end up having an entire new wave for every single Smash fighter, i dunno how I'm going to survive with the money I have right now

PF9

Smash Lord
I wonder if SSB4 Amiibo save data will be compatible with the new game.

GambitGameGuy

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure, but I just know it would really annoy me if the Zelda series smash amiibo were tapped, causing a totally different looking character to show up on screen, it would really bother me, (I have OCD, so this kind of thing happens a lot with video games) so I would hope they would at least make new amiibos for link, Zelda, and Ganondorf, along with all veteran fighters who didn't appear in smash 4.(really want that pichu amiibo)

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
They changed the base? That screws with the whole look of a complete collection, sigh

But the ones who didn’t make the cut to four and the newcomers are going be first,

Than maybe with the missing alts from four :4robinf::4wario2::4alph::4wiremac::4littlemac::4zss::4shulk:

Then the ones with a new look :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultfox::ultfalco:

(Or the two above statements of guess amino waves get mixed along with the one below)

Then the vets new alts

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
They've said that all newcomers, echoes and returning veterans will get amiibo.

I don't want a Wave 2 of all Smash 4 fighters

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I've never really paid much attention to amiibos, but did Villager and Wii Fit Trainer ever have their alternate gender amiibos released? If not, then I don't think a F!Robin amiibo is necessary. Who needs her when you've already got the superior one? :troll:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think the Smash 3DS / Wii U fighters will just reuse their poses from that game. Smash Ultimate poses would be limited to the fighters who were NOT in Smash 3DS / Wii U.

GambitGameGuy

Smash Rookie
They changed the base? That screws with the whole look of a complete collection, sigh

But the ones who didn’t make the cut to four and the newcomers are going be first,

Than maybe with the missing alts from four :4robinf::4wario2::4alph::4wiremac::4littlemac::4zss::4shulk:

Then the ones with a new look :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultfox::ultfalco:

(Or the two above statements of guess amino waves get mixed along with the one below)

Then the vets new alts
I don't think the bases have changed at all, and I also doubt they'll make separate amiibos for the missing smash 4 alts, (especially considering wire frame little mac, how could they make that without it being the single worst looking amiibo ever?) But I really hope they at least remake the 5 with new looks that you listed.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I don't think the bases have changed at all, and I also doubt they'll make separate amiibos for the missing smash 4 alts, (especially considering wire frame little mac, how could they make that without it being the single worst looking amiibo ever?) But I really hope they at least remake the 5 with new looks that you listed.
Oh I think Ridley is the only one with a unique base,

And yeah didn’t think much about wireframe MAC, but damn it I want a female robin amiibo

Yes I would love to have all four styles of Link in amiibo form

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
I'm hoping to greatly expand my Smash 4 Amiibo collection, getting every character except those who have alternate skins and ZSS and Olimar. These are the names I'm hoping to use for them:

Bayonetta - Sabrina
Cloud - Jon
Dark Pit - Andrew
Diddy Kong - Abu
Duck Hunt - Brian
Falco - Hayabusa
Ganondorf - Gargamel
Greninja - Michigan
Ike - Arthur
King Dedede - Mumble
Little Mac - Rocky
Lucario - Cadbury
Lucas - Legion
Lucina - Arya
Marth - Robb
Mega Man - Astro Boy
Meta Knight - Bronn
Mewtwo - Brainiac
Mr. Game & Watch - DoodleBob
Pac-Man - Stuart
Palutena - Monica
Pit - Rafael
R.O.B. - Bender
Roy - Jaime
Ryu - Walker
Sheik - Karai
Shulk - Jorah
Sonic - The Flash
Toon Link - Robin Hood
Zelda - Ariel

Every single name is a reference to something. Some aren't as obvious as others.

Top Bottom