• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Smash 64: Discussion, Sets And Players YOU Want To See! Feat. Rudy

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Wewt!
Apex 2014 is around the corner and lets start this thread off.
Top 3, Isai, Boom, Rudy.
Who else is hyped?

Yobolight

Smash Lord
I want the international 64 legends that have never been before (Jousuke, Gerson, Bear, Captain Tavo, Mariguas, Alpha, Red Mario, S, and Alvin) to come.

It would be freaking Epic.

Japan vs Peru crew battle = smash-gasm

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
It would be interesting to see which character Isai will be using this time. Many international top players that could potentially show up, such as those Yobolight mentioned, would certainly intensify the competition for this event. If enough international players come to Apex, it would also be really awesome to see: -Japan vs. Peru Crew Battle -USA vs. The World Crew Battle or -Isai vs. The World 12-Character Battle Any of these would be really great.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Isai apparently talked to Ruoka Danchon and Moyashi from Japan and they will both be at Apex 2014.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Never watched that much Smash 64 before Smashacre Gluttony but I'll be keeping an eye out on these sets and hopefully M2K vs any top players to see how he holds up.

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
Never watched that much Smash 64 before Smashacre Gluttony but I'll be keeping an eye out on these sets and hopefully M2K vs any top players to see how he holds up.

I bet M2K would get smoked by several top players. Sensei would've creamed him with Pika, and still managed to beat him with other characters. Isai and Boom would destroy him probably.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
I bet M2K would get smoked by several top players. Sensei would've creamed him with Pika, and still managed to beat him with other characters. Isai and Boom would destroy him probably.

64 is a completely different ballpark than Melee or Brawl. Isai and co. are masters at combo'ing.

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I am Amida, I am the best 64 player in KY (I have yet to be beaten by anyone in the melee and brawl competitive scenes, there is no direct 64 scene.) I have no way to get better besides Kaillera, and I have only been to one tournament, which was in Ohio, and I won it. Why isn't there more tournaments? I am really trying to get into 64, but I am nowhere near any other 64 players. Is there any 64 players near me that I am unaware of that might be able to co-operate with me in making some kind of tournament or competitive midwest scene? I am going to enter Apex and I wish to get better.

Shears

Smash Master
Hello, I am Amida, I am the best 64 player in KY (I have yet to be beaten by anyone in the melee and brawl competitive scenes, there is no direct 64 scene.) I have no way to get better besides Kaillera, and I have only been to one tournament, which was in Ohio, and I won it. Why isn't there more tournaments? I am really trying to get into 64, but I am nowhere near any other 64 players. Is there any 64 players near me that I am unaware of that might be able to co-operate with me in making some kind of tournament or competitive midwest scene? I am going to enter Apex and I wish to get better.

move to dc or new york

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb-player-location-world-map.335052/
this is the player location map for 64 you can see if there are any players near you with this. you can also post your location so others players near you can contact you if they choose

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Matches I want to see:

Everyone gentleman's pick Hyrule for EVERY match. :troll:

Actually, I want to see any match somehow pick to Planet Zebes just once for my amusement.
i'm probably gonna gentlemens thee whenever i get to chance. zebes would be cool too xD

Rizner

Smash Ace

I'm also looking to get more into 64, and located in Cincinnati. Still about an hour from you it seems, but I'd be up for playing some time, and agree that there should be more tournaments in the midwest area. How far do you think people from KY would travel for a 64 tournament, or enter if it were a side event at a tournament after traveling?

Matches I want to see:

Everyone gentleman's pick Hyrule for EVERY match. :troll:

Actually, I want to see any match somehow pick to Planet Zebes just once for my amusement.

Hyrule the best.

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
I'm also looking to get more into 64, and located in Cincinnati. Still about an hour from you it seems, but I'd be up for playing some time, and agree that there should be more tournaments in the midwest area. How far do you think people from KY would travel for a 64 tournament, or enter if it were a side event at a tournament after traveling?

Hyrule the best.
Anybody that is willing to play 64 competitively, like any game, would be willing to travel, with some exceptions. The problem is getting interest in the game. But I would definitely be willing to start something, I am sure we can discuss it in a PM.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration

Hyrule the best.
Holy ****tttttt, dan are you going to Apex? Haven't seen you since Ed's smashfests in Tampa ages ago. Would be awesome to see you again.

On a side note, if he's really going, I want to see Ruoka get first.

Rizner

Smash Ace
Holy ****tttttt, dan are you going to Apex? Haven't seen you since Ed's smashfests in Tampa ages ago. Would be awesome to see you again.

On a side note, if he's really going, I want to see Ruoka get first.
Hey. Yeah, will be good to see everyone again. I left Florida a good while ago, moved to az and now Ohio. Also started traveling more to tournaments (big house this weekend, apex in January). I assume you're going too?

edit: also, sorry for the off topic posts.

TranqJim

Smash Cadet
Hate to be redundant but: ISAI vs WORLD 12 char battle. Tho the outcome wouldn't be surprising.

Any sort of crew battle would go in USA favor I would like to hear a legit argument from another country. Not being a nationalist ******* but rather realistic observer

T Brett

Smash Journeyman
Yes:
Crew battles
Boom killing it
Isai blowing minds
Wizzy placing top 4

No:
Isai playing Jiggs all tourney

LittleSpoon

Smash Rookie
At Apex 2014 I need to see Isai vs. Isai pikachu dittos on dreamland. Until this set happens I won't be satisfied.

Top Bottom