• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4/Wii U Ban CONFIRMED

Carbonedrums

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone,

Hope you're well!

For those who play quite a bit online, you probably know a little about Nintendo placing you in a separate "banned" server after being reported too many times. And while I'm sure there are people who belong there (using racial slurs, calling names, etc.), I know there are a handful of players who get sent there for simply playing and winning.

This is my second time there... the first time I was there for over 3 weeks.

I ended up calling Nintendo and according to the Customer Service rep I spoke to, he is "not allowed" to give out any information regarding this ban or alternate server. He hinted too many times that it exists, but did me a solid and sent my thoughts to a higher up for them to take a look at.

It's unfair that sore losers have the power of placing people in banland. Until Nintendo decides that they are going to be the ones who ultimately decide if one belongs in banland, I have two ideas for getting rid of this ban once and for all:

1) Call Nintendo at 1800-255-3700 and be polite and ask for information on this ban. If they do their job correctly, they'll research into it and end up not giving you any information on it. Then, while still being polite and explaining your case, ask them if they will record your thoughts on the ban and have them be sent to someone higher up on the food chain.

2) We start a petition and have everyone sign it.

I'm sure there are more than the few threads I've read on this topic, but I created a username on smashboards solely to discuss this topic.

Any thoughts? Thanks for welcoming a rookie! Any good sports out there want to create an online room, so I have someone to play against?

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
This is the board for Project M, not Smash 4. You should probably go over here, since this discussion isn't really relevant to this board.

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
Now that this has been moved to the appropriate board, I need to add that there are already a large number of threads on this topic, including most notably this one. Hope that helps!

Top Bottom