• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Smash 4 Tournament San Marcos, CA August 15th

Ssjfalcon

Smash Rookie
NNID
VegetaTheSaiyan
3DS FC
1907-8405-7671
Were having another tournament!
Smash bros Wii u
Rule set
2 stock
6 minutes
Best out of 3
Double elimination
Time and location
Civic Center Dr
San Marcos, CA 92069
From 11:30am - 5:00 pm
On August 15th
YOU MUST SIGN UP AT THE LIBRARY BEFORE HAND
And there is no entry fee.
PLEASE BRING A SET UP WE ARE LOW ON WII U's

Last edited:

D-Inferno

Smash Rookie
Is there an age limit, there's a lot of tournament that do that (not like I don't know why) but me and my friend have been having a hard time finding tournaments that aren't 18+ only

rockerztonight1

Smash Rookie
So I have to sign up at the San Marcos Branch Library before June 16th? And that is where the tourney is being held? Who do I talk with to sign up? And would I sign in with my username/tourney name or my actual name?

I'm sorry for all the questions, this will most likely be the first tourney that I will attend, and I couldn't be more excited! :)

EDIT: you also mentioned that games are best out of 5 (3 out of 5, right?). Did you mean that for each and every game or only for Winners/Losers/Grand Finals?

Also, are you good on set-ups? I can't bring in a CRT but I can bring a GC adapter to the tourney if you need 'em.

Last edited:

Ssjfalcon

Smash Rookie
NNID
VegetaTheSaiyan
3DS FC
1907-8405-7671
So I have to sign up at the San Marcos Branch Library before June 16th? And that is where the tourney is being held? Who do I talk with to sign up? And would I sign in with my username/tourney name or my actual name?

I'm sorry for all the questions, this will most likely be the first tourney that I will attend, and I couldn't be more excited! :)

EDIT: you also mentioned that games are best out of 5 (3 out of 5, right?). Did you mean that for each and every game or only for Winners/Losers/Grand Finals?

Also, are you good on set-ups? I can't bring in a CRT but I can bring a GC adapter to the tourney if you need 'em.
Yes the you have to sign up before June 16th and you just ask some one at the front desk if you can sign up. The tournament will be held at the library. We could always use some set ups if you can bring your Wii u gc adapter and a monitor that'd be great but if u can the gc adapter should be fine. And all matches will be best out of 5 I hope you have a great time at your first tourney

Last edited:

Senpapi Jr.

Smash Rookie
HI, I recently called the library and they said there is no more space for me to join the tournament. The lady told me to show up anyway. Would I still be able to play?

rockerztonight1

Smash Rookie
HI, I recently called the library and they said there is no more space for me to join the tournament. The lady told me to show up anyway. Would I still be able to play?
I was just about to head over to the library to sign up, and now I read this...I didn't realize there would be a limit?

Ssjfalcon, are we out of luck because there is no more space? Is there anything we can do?

Ssjfalcon

Smash Rookie
NNID
VegetaTheSaiyan
3DS FC
1907-8405-7671
I was just about to head over to the library to sign up, and now I read this...I didn't realize there would be a limit?

Ssjfalcon, are we out of luck because there is no more space? Is there anything we can do?
Sorry for the late notice but come anyway ill fit u in :) if its just one or 2 more people itll be fine

Ssjfalcon

Smash Rookie
NNID
VegetaTheSaiyan
3DS FC
1907-8405-7671
Come anyway we could use more set ups if u can bring them then it would be greatly appreciated and i can guarantee u a spot

rockerztonight1

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm just wondering, has the bracket already been done? Should I come early so that I can get a spot? Also, I hope it's okay if my 2 brothers joins in on the fun too.

By the way, I can bring a GC adapter, a copy of Smash Wii U, and a Wii U console. Do you need any or all of them? I will most likely just bring the game and the adapter, just in case.

Last edited:

Suiko

Smash Rookie
Hey man I'm looking to come and can possibly bring a setup but one question- will DLC characters be allowed?

EDIT: My setup has all DLC and a GC Adapter, but I probably can't get a TV.

Last edited:

Ssjfalcon

Smash Rookie
NNID
VegetaTheSaiyan
3DS FC
1907-8405-7671
D
Hey man I'm looking to come and can possibly bring a setup but one question- will DLC characters be allowed?

EDIT: My setup has all DLC and a GC Adapter, but I probably can't get a TV.
A set up would be appreciated and all dlc characters will be legal
And if u cant bring a tv i can

Last edited:

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
Is this gonna be a weekly thing? I'd love to enter with my brother, also will there be doubles?
We could bring a wii u and gamecube controller adapter

Last edited:

Ssjfalcon

Smash Rookie
NNID
VegetaTheSaiyan
3DS FC
1907-8405-7671
Is this gonna be a weekly thing? I'd love to enter with my brother, also will there be doubles?
We could bring a wii u and gamecube controller adapter
This will be monthly id love to make it weekly but that is not possible at the moment. There will not be doubles due to lack of time and a gc adpater and wii u would be greatly appreciated. If you can please bring a TV with you. Hope you have fun at our tournament

Totintug

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicFrog17
Is there still a few spots left? Me and my friend are intrested

Ssjfalcon

Smash Rookie
NNID
VegetaTheSaiyan
3DS FC
1907-8405-7671
Yes you will. Most times people will sign up and show. So you can play.

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
This will be monthly id love to make it weekly but that is not possible at the moment. There will not be doubles due to lack of time and a gc adpater and wii u would be greatly appreciated. If you can please bring a TV with you. Hope you have fun at our tournament
I don't think I will be able to bring a TV, but a Wii u and GameCube adapter I can guarantee. You can most likely count me and my brother in

Totintug

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicFrog17
So my friend called the library and the lady said there is no room left. Will we be able to show up and enter the tournament without signing up before hand?

Ssjfalcon

Smash Rookie
NNID
VegetaTheSaiyan
3DS FC
1907-8405-7671
So my friend called the library and the lady said there is no room left. Will we be able to show up and enter the tournament without signing up before hand?
Yes you will just show up

ThoseWhoDoubt

Smash Rookie
NNID
ThoseWhoDoubt
Just some questions to tie things up for me: 1. If there is no more room as the librarian says, could I still bring my Wii U and participate 2. If i were to bring a WiiU could I bring more people and if so how many. 3: Is it there a controller restriction?

Last edited:

Ssjfalcon

Smash Rookie
NNID
VegetaTheSaiyan
3DS FC
1907-8405-7671
Just some questions to tie things up for me: 1. If there is no more room as the librarian says, could I still bring my Wii U and participate 2. If i were to bring a WiiU could I bring more people and if so how many. 3: Is it there a controller restriction?
If you bring your Wii u you can come. And if you do bring a wii u please bring a tv. You can bring 2 or 3 people and you can use any controller you want

OR4CL3

Smash Rookie
NNID
OSG_OR4CL3
So now that someone has mentioned bringing more consoles and televisions, is there room for more people? I called the library, but was told it is full. I have myself and two others that would love to participate. Please let me know.

Ssjfalcon

Smash Rookie
NNID
VegetaTheSaiyan
3DS FC
1907-8405-7671
So now that someone has mentioned bringing more consoles and televisions, is there room for more people? I called the library, but was told it is full. I have myself and two others that would love to participate. Please let me know.
If you can bring a set up (wii u and TV) then i can guarantee you a spot in the tournament

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
Not sure yet if my brother and I could come. But if we do decide to come, would we still be able to get in? We can bring a wii u, a copy of the game, and our gamecube controller adapter

Top Bottom