• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Smash 4 Tournament In Lehigh Valley! August 21st (Friday) CASH TOURNAMENT-100% $$$ PAYOUT!

20blank

Smash Rookie
Smash With B.A.E. (Bethlehem Allentown Easton) - Lehigh Valley Smash Tournament
Event Page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1629234493999917/

My friend Tony and I are hosting our first Super Smash Bros. Tournament. It will be Smash 4 singles and doubles only. No Venue Fee! just 10$ per person for singles and 10$ per team for doubles. If you have been looking for a tournament around the Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton area here you go. Hope we see you there!

CASH TOURNAMENT-100% $$$ PAYOUT!

Back by popular demand, and with new interest from multiple different play groups, The Encounter is proud to be hosting another Smash Bros tournament!

Signups will be open at 12:00pm
Doubles Side Event begins at 2:00pm
Singles Main Event begins at 5:00pm

Tournament Structure:
There will be both 1-on-1 and Doubles tournament events. Each event will be Double Elimination with a losers bracket

Entry Fee: $10 for the 1-on-1, $10 per team ($5 for person)for Doubles

Prizes: 100% OF CASH TAKEN IN WILL BE PAID OUT! Payout based on attendance and final rank.

If at least 32 entrants, we are GUARANTEEING the following payout for the singles Main Event:

1st- $130
2nd-$85
3rd- $35
4th-$30
5th/6th-$20

Everyone is encouraged to bring their own full set up (Wii U, Adapters, TV) to help run a smoother event. There may be FREE PIZZA for these individuals!

In Game Rules:
Smash 4 Singles Rules:
2 Stock 6 Minutes
Items OFF, Customs OFF
All Mii Fighters must be a 1111 setup
Stage Selection:
Player 1 Bans, Player 2 Bans, Play Game 1
>Starters:
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
After Game 1, Winner bans 2 Stages and chooses their character first
>Counterpicks:
Lylat Cruise
Town and City
Castle Siege
Halberd
Duck Hunt
Delfino
Miiverse
Dreamland
*Omega stages are legal. HOWEVER, if an omega stage is BANNED, so is FD and vice versa.*

Smash 4 Doubles Rules
3 Stocks 8 Minutes
Items OFF, Customs OFF, Team Attack ON
All Mii Fighters must be a 1111 setup
Stage Selection:
Team 1 Bans, Team 2 Bans, Play Game 1
>Starters:
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
After Game 1, Winner bans 2 Stages and chooses their character first
>Counterpicks:
Lylat Cruise
Town and City
Castle Siege
Halberd
Duck Hunt
Delfino
Miiverse
Dreamland
*Omega stages are legal. HOWEVER, if an omega stage is BANNED, so is FD and vice versa.*

Any additional questions or concerns can be addressed with the on site Tournament Organizers.

Parking is available in the direct rear of the store as well as all along Irving street (behind the store, first street to the right).

fall6728

Smash Rookie
My friend and I are coming for doubles, and we have a question or two. What time should the doubles tournament end? It says singles starts at 5, so I imagine around 4:30? Additionally, could you explain how stage picking works? Or rather, tell me if I'm wrong: both teams ban 1 stage, then the winner of the last game picks? Also, will this be streamed on Twitch, and if so, where?
Thanks for your help, I'm excited to be there

Lapsy143

Smash Rookie
This was my first tourney, and it sure won't be my last. This one left a good impression for the scene in PA, as it's still growing slowly.

Just so you know, this tourney took place in a comic book/game store. It's a bit old fashioned, but the people who work there all understand how these things works, and they have a great place for the venue in the back. I think that's one of the best things, they picked a clean and nice venue (only problem was it was hot!).

The players are what you expected from a growing smash bros community, nervous to break out, but sure as heck ready to go. One hype match (sadly while I was playing mine), one of the players 2 stocked someone, and then the entire group watching it just went into the "OLE, OLE OLE OLE! 2 STOCK! 2 STOCK!". I even chanted along as I promptly got demolished in Losers Bracket. Everyone was very enthusiastic, and the TOs were great.

Finally, some small complaints. First off, a lot of friendlies didn't happen because the set-ups used were both for the tourney and for friendlies. I can understand that it's smaller than usual, but maybe have at least one or two (which is fairly enough). That's my only gurranteed complaint, the other was that the audio for the tourney stream was sort of... grainy. Now, it may have been the hype of the tourney and the noise or just bad cell connection. but I feel it could be better. The commentators were very charismatic, even bringing fellow players up and letting them do a few minutes, so this one is balanced out (plus gameplay footage was great).

Overall, this is a step of growing an amazing community in PA. We have people from Harrisburg, NEPA (me), and more flocking here to play this game, and I can't believe how great it was to have this as my first tourney. Can't wait to see more from you guys!

-Lapsy

PS-I promptly lost the tourney, BTW. It was fun.

20blank

Smash Rookie
This was my first tourney, and it sure won't be my last. This one left a good impression for the scene in PA, as it's still growing slowly.

Just so you know, this tourney took place in a comic book/game store. It's a bit old fashioned, but the people who work there all understand how these things works, and they have a great place for the venue in the back. I think that's one of the best things, they picked a clean and nice venue (only problem was it was hot!).

The players are what you expected from a growing smash bros community, nervous to break out, but sure as heck ready to go. One hype match (sadly while I was playing mine), one of the players 2 stocked someone, and then the entire group watching it just went into the "OLE, OLE OLE OLE! 2 STOCK! 2 STOCK!". I even chanted along as I promptly got demolished in Losers Bracket. Everyone was very enthusiastic, and the TOs were great.

Finally, some small complaints. First off, a lot of friendlies didn't happen because the set-ups used were both for the tourney and for friendlies. I can understand that it's smaller than usual, but maybe have at least one or two (which is fairly enough). That's my only gurranteed complaint, the other was that the audio for the tourney stream was sort of... grainy. Now, it may have been the hype of the tourney and the noise or just bad cell connection. but I feel it could be better. The commentators were very charismatic, even bringing fellow players up and letting them do a few minutes, so this one is balanced out (plus gameplay footage was great).

Overall, this is a step of growing an amazing community in PA. We have people from Harrisburg, NEPA (me), and more flocking here to play this game, and I can't believe how great it was to have this as my first tourney. Can't wait to see more from you guys!

-Lapsy

PS-I promptly lost the tourney, BTW. It was fun.
I'm glad you had fun Lapsy! We will definitely try to host another one after we talk to the owners of The Encounter. In my opinion I think it has a very good possibility of being a monthly tournament. Possibly a bi-weekly.
Thank you again for coming!
-BAE * Blank

Top Bottom