• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Tech - Falco Chaingrab!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Cool, but technically, yes, technically, chain grabs don't exist in SSB4 - nobody has one in this game. What you did was pulled off a grab reset which I think, but I'm not sure, heavyweight characters like Bowser, Charizard, DK, Ganondorf, and maybe Ike are prone to. Kirby can F-throw to Fair and grab reset Ganondorf. With DI and higher percents, this might not work, especially on say, Jigglypuff, Villager, Yoshi, Luigi, or Mega Man who have attributes like they move through the air easily, they are lighter, or they have a fast Nair that can interrupt Falco.

Falco can also do this with his Fair as @Zionaze done before.

Speaking of RAR Bairs, I think people should use that more since a fellow Falco player who is a mod, berserker01 advocates it. I don't know how to perform RAR Bairs or reverse B's - I also blame the 3DS and not wanting to wreck the Circle Pad.

I feel like I should merge this thread with the combo and approach thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/falco-approaches-and-combos-strings.372417/ which is a more appropriate place for this since this is a possible combo. If that's okay?

Last edited:

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
I think Falco has a number of options for grab resets at low percents, I don't know if they've been compiled. Though it looks like characters like Luigi would be able to get out of second grab right after the back air. Haven't tested it myself.

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
This is actually another tech called grab resetting.
I do see this working on most characters, outside of the floaties at low percent. Also dthrow fast-fall fair works, but obviously at only the lowest percents. Thanks for reminding me to use this more!

BoN~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Riskyx
3DS FC
4742-7971-2374
Cool, but technically, yes, technically, chain grabs don't exist in SSB4 - nobody has one in this game. What you did was pulled off a grab reset which I think, but I'm not sure, heavyweight characters like Bowser, Charizard, DK, Ganondorf, and maybe Ike are prone to. Kirby can F-throw to Fair and grab reset Ganondorf. With DI and higher percents, this might not work, especially on say, Jigglypuff, Villager, Yoshi, Luigi, or Mega Man who have attributes like they move through the air easily, they are lighter, or they have a fast Nair that can interrupt Falco.

Falco can also do this with his Fair as @Zionaze done before.

Speaking of RAR Bairs, I think people should use that more since a fellow Falco player who is a mod, berserker01 advocates it. I don't know how to perform RAR Bairs or reverse B's - I also blame the 3DS and not wanting to wreck the Circle Pad.

I feel like I should merge this thread with the combo and approach thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/falco-approaches-and-combos-strings.372417/ which is a more appropriate place for this since this is a possible combo. If that's okay?

oh,thanks for al the info,im going to the thread! :)
also,And this "combo" works with all characters!

And thanks for the video of the chaingrab with Fair :0

This is actually another tech called grab resetting.
I do see this working on most characters, outside of the floaties at low percent. Also dthrow fast-fall fair works, but obviously at only the lowest percents. Thanks for reminding me to use this more!
You're welcome!

Top Bottom