• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Help

allclumsy

Smash Rookie
I have been playing only smash 4 lately with one or two of my close friends on the 3ds. I have been watching hours on hours of smash 4 for wii u. Whether it is twitch or youtube, I am so intrigued. I am planning to purchase a wii u very soon, but the issue is, I will have nobody to play with, or even help me improve as a player, as I am looking to move my game to the next level. If there are people who could help me improve my game, and give a few tips in the near future, that would be much appreciated.

Codester

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCodester87
3DS FC
0130-1912-9132
My advice is head over to the character forum of your choosing (like your main fighter I mean) and talk to the folks there, read guides, ask questions and read other people's questions and look at the answers given, try to take in as much info as possible. Ask others to battle you online, people who are more skilled than you, and after the matches they should give you feed back on any bad habits they noticed, things you could improve upon. Ect. Ect. Main thing is just don't give up, no matter the difference in level between yourself and others, remember they were there once too and got better from hours of practise, watching videos, reading guides, playing friends. Find a rival, someone way better than you, a goal you can strive for, become better to defeat this certain player. When you become victorious, move up. You will be hitting tournements soon enough if you stick with it. (Assuming you want to)

(Also was going to mention your thread may get locked by a moderator as it doesn't really belong in this section, would be better to ask in the general forum I believe...)

Last edited:

allclumsy

Smash Rookie
Thanks a ton Codester! Yes I just noticed now it does not really fit this section, haha. I was going to write that I would like to play with others from canada, as I am from Vancouver. But I guess I just forgot..

Codester

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCodester87
3DS FC
0130-1912-9132
I'm not generally in Vancouver too often but if you ever find yourself in the Surrey Langley area myself and a handful of other buddies play quite often, we just started learning competative play within the last handful of months and I would say using the character forums has helped at least myself tremendously. If nothing else we could practise online against eachother when you have your Wii U. I have the 3ds version as well but I like the game cube controller too much haha :p There are some local tournements as well to test yourself, I went to one at the EXP bar a few months ago and did ok. There is a monthly one in Abbotsford, and I believe BCIT and SFU students host them sometimes. It seems like the smash community is pretty niche here in Vancouver when compared to a lot of places in the states but at least a community exists at all.

allclumsy

Smash Rookie
Just a question about the Gamecude controller, are you using the adaptor which lets you use 4 gamecube controllers, or are you using a wii u controller that is similar to the gamecube controller? Just got my wii u and dont want purchase the wrong thing!

Codester

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCodester87
3DS FC
0130-1912-9132
Using the adaptor that allows 4 GC Controllers. The black Wii classic is my second favorite but I grew up playing melee on the GC so it's my preferred for sure. Some of my friends still can't get a hold of the adaptor it seems to be in super high demand with not enough units to go around. So glad I pre ordered mine )_)

allclumsy

Smash Rookie
Using the adaptor that allows 4 GC Controllers. The black Wii classic is my second favorite but I grew up playing melee on the GC so it's my preferred for sure. Some of my friends still can't get a hold of the adaptor it seems to be in super high demand with not enough units to go around. So glad I pre ordered mine )_)
What's your friend code? Maybe we can play a few matches in the near future? Mines AllClumsy

allclumsy

Smash Rookie
Wii u pro Controller is a other option if you do not having the GameCube Adapter.
Yes, I've seen it in stores and I was going to buy it, but it is $50 hahah, pretty pricey. My friend has (check image)

It was half the price, and he likes it. What do you think I should get. I'm using the gamepad right now, and it needs to go

Top Bottom