• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Falcon Looking To Move To Melee

NeroTheWolf

Smash Rookie
NNID
NeroTheWolf
As the title states, I'm currently a smash 4 main looking to move over to melee. Besides screwing around with friends and watching streams etc, I really don't have a whole lot of experience with the game. The game feeling "heavier" than smash 4 is really throwing me up, along with struggling to break my smash 4 habits, and just basic tech.

Any tips/resources/etc for a newcomer?

AJawesome07

Smash Apprentice
I think the most important part for you is getting used to all of melee's movement options, and the depth of that movement. Given Smash 4's virtual lack of movement tech, this may be very intimidating at first. The movement options aren't that complicated, but the hard part is getting yourself to the point where you can maneuver the stage in any manner you wish. This is a grind, and will only take time, so be patient.

Also, maybe look into getting 20XX, and if you can't, you should be sure to not practice in Training, so you can use the C stick. You should learn to do the single player glitch as well.

Also x2, you should know that Falcon in Smash 4 is very different from Falcon in melee, and they play very differently in reality. If Falcon in melee is not what you expect, don't be shocked.

MacDeezi

Smash Rookie
Melee Captain Falcon can be hard to adjust to, but dont give up because once you get him down you'll have a great time! You should just start out by learning Falcon's moveset and hitboxes in training mode. This will also help break your bad habits. Then you should move to wavedashing, L-cancelling, etc and other advanced techniques. This video helped me a lot when I first started out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vckV2MJgBzo&index=2&list=PL3Bd7fdXCqEicNpRlRYNtd8ahcx6w43YV

Top Bottom