• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Falco Feels

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
I made the choice of making him my main and I finally got the hint that he just can't keep up with most match-ups.
Why must Sakurai torment me so?
I'm calling upon the 4 or so other Falco mains for help. What options have you found to work?
Is there something I'm missing?

I know he has more options with platforms on certain stages but my friends don't have the Wii U version and 4Glory flat maps constantly gives the other character an advantage, especially ZSS.

Jabzilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jabzilla
3DS FC
3007-8178-1682
I don't have the Wii U version yet (European peasant) but from the time I have been playing For Glory on the 3DS. ZSS is one of the easiest to counter on there. If she charges up the plasma shot, use the reflector. If she dash attacks, block and counter. Her recovery isn't the greatest and can be easily punished with fair/bair.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
There's a ton of info in the Falco section of the character discussion. I don't remember him in Melee well, but I am sort of familiar with how he played in Brawl competitively - I'm not a competitive player nor am I a good Falco player by all means.

If you want some tips, then here's some:

Don't play him like in Melee or Brawl. Falco's much more different compared to other veterans. If you've played as Wolf or are familiar with Wolf in Brawl, then you should take what you learned from there.

Falco now has two of Wolf's moves just like how Fox has two of Wolf's specials for customs, but with Falco, they're part of his default move set. Wolf's Bair now belongs to Falco and it's a powerful kill move. Functionally, Falco's Up Smash is Wolf's Up Smash, but it has as different hit box since it's a back flip and not a ground, scissors kick. It's not going to kill until later, but it's a good combo setup like his Up Tilt.

Speaking of aerials, all of them are good, even his Dair which is situational for now - patches will change stuff as evident with the recent 1.04 patch. Uair can kill, but it's all right as a combo move, Nair can be used an approach since it has little landing lag and it's fairly powerful, but it might not connect completely, and if Fair connects completely, then expect good damage, it's also a good kill move like Bair. Dair sort of works like everyone else's spikes which are either wind ups or stall and falls. It's possible to bounce an opponent if you sweet-spot it around 60%, but it's risky.

Jab combo is fairly straightforward, Side Tilt is spacing tool, and Down Tilt is a good kill move along with being a good combo setup.

Blaster now comes out faster with the 1.04 patch - it's not as "bad" as before on 1.03, though I'm not sure with the Wii U version - and along with Reflector, it's probably your best spacing and interrupter tools, especially Reflector. It will interrupt basically anything that doesn't have super armor and it's fast along with having good range. As for Blaster, don't spam it. I treat it like a cowboy quickdraw to stop people and keep my distance. Falco Phantasm can be used as an approach, but since it no longer leaves Falco helpless, it's an even better recovery. Fire Bird's just Fire Bird, I haven't used it for attacking much, but there's probably others who can help you with that.

Last edited:

speedguy20

Smash Cadet
NNID
speedguy20
There's a ton of info in the Falco section of the character discussion. I don't remember him in Melee well, but I am sort of familiar with how he played in Brawl competitively - I'm not a competitive player nor am I a good Falco player by all means.

If you want some tips, then here's some:

Don't play him like in Melee or Brawl. Falco's much more different compared to other veterans. If you've played as Wolf or are familiar with Wolf in Brawl, then you should take what you learned from there.

Falco now has two of Wolf's moves just like how Fox has two of Wolf's specials for customs, but with Falco, they're part of his default move set. Wolf's Bair now belongs to Falco and it's a powerful kill move. Functionally, Falco's Up Smash is Wolf's Up Smash, but it has as different hit box since it's a back flip and not a ground, scissors kick. It's not going to kill until later, but it's a good combo setup like his Up Tilt.

Speaking of aerials, all of them are good, even his Dair which is situational for now - patches will change stuff as evident with the recent 1.04 patch. Uair can kill, but it's all right as a combo move, Nair can be used an approach since it has little landing lag and it's fairly powerful, but it might not connect completely, and if Fair connects completely, then expect good damage, it's also a good kill move like Bair. Dair sort of works like everyone else's spikes which are either wind ups or stall and falls. It's possible to bounce an opponent if you sweet-spot it around 60%, but it's risky.

Jab combo is fairly straightforward, Side Tilt is spacing tool, and Down Tilt is a good kill move along with being a good combo setup.

Blaster now comes out faster with the 1.04 patch - it's not as "bad" as before on 1.03, though I'm not sure with the Wii U version - and along with Reflector, it's probably your best spacing and interrupter tools, especially Reflector. It will interrupt basically anything that doesn't have super armor and it's fast along with having good range. As for Blaster, don't spam it. I treat it like a cowboy quickdraw to stop people and keep my distance. Falco Phantasm can be used as an approach, but since it no longer leaves Falco helpless, it's an even better recovery. Fire Bird's just Fire Bird, I haven't used it for attacking much, but there's probably others who can help you with that.
Falco's Phantasm can also spike now at higher % as well. Also, you're not just limited to Up B or Phantasm as a recovery, for you can use both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom