• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 3DS , online tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnaarff

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3797-6110-6956
Hey, I'm a top ranked Smash 4 player in northern England. I realised that the smash 3DS community has died down since the release of Wii U. So I wanted to hold an online tournament. If people are interested then I will hold a challonge sign up page and will announce official rules

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/7Gjw55RgLe

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I'd love to participate... if I didn't accidentally ruin the whole damn thing. The problem about making an online tournament is lag, always lag. Are you gonna do something about it? I live in South America, you live in the UK, if the match had less than 400 ping, I'd genuinely be surprised. You can't showcase any sort of skill under lag, and that's why I'm reluctant to joining it.
And we also need a way to enforce when the matches will take place.

Schnaarff

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3797-6110-6956
I'd love to participate... if I didn't accidentally ruin the whole damn thing. The problem about making an online tournament is lag, always lag. Are you gonna do something about it? I live in South America, you live in the UK, if the match had less than 400 ping, I'd genuinely be surprised. You can't showcase any sort of skill under lag, and that's why I'm reluctant to joining it.
And we also need a way to enforce when the matches will take place.
Yeah I guess so. Luckily my internet is actually good. We have weekly online tourneys for North West England on WiiU but I wanted to give the 3DS scene a chance again

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Also, how would seeds work? Would they just be given in the order that people sign up?
And when will the tournament take place, do you have a minimum number of participants for it to start?

Last edited:

Schnaarff

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3797-6110-6956
Also, how would seeds work? Would they just be given in the order that people sign up?
And when will the tournament take place, do you have a minimum number of participants for it to start?
Seeds would be shuffled. And I'd aim for 8-16 participants

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Interesting. I've signed up for the tournament. Let's hope lag doesn't screw us over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom