• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 3DS Social Thread

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hey everyone, I figure it's time those of us who will only really have smash on the 3DS got to know each other and had a nice place to chat, get to know each other, and start getting close as a community.

So! I'll give you an introduction, and hope you guys can do the same!

Hello everyone, I'm Erik Capps A.K.A. Ayla's Hero.

The name is for my daughter Ayla. I always want to be her hero, hence the name!

I did lots of work in the PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale running the majority of tournaments for the game and building its scene before Sony essentially announced it is dead. Being incredibly hyped for Smash Bros 3DS I'm here to make sure that a competitive scene for it can grow a flourish.
See? It's that easy! let's all get to know each other!

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Dennis Moberg aka Chauzu. I'm from Sweden.

Looking forward to both new Smash versions, but my hope is that the 3DS game at least will have a good online competetive scene.

I'm currently trying to learn to play Smash without a GameCube controller. It feels like learning to ride a bike again.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I guess I'll take a whirl at this.

Hello! I am Joey Beeber aka '-Masquerain-' or 'Dooms' (Feel free to call me Joey lol).

I chose Masquerain because I simply love the Surskit line in Pokemon. They're adorable and they're a really fun set of Pokemon in hacked versions of the game (I love playing hacked Pokemon versions that make Masquerain Water/Bug <3 ).

I've ran tournaments in the Kentucky scene, I've been brawling in general (online and offline) for most of Brawl's time, so I know my way around the communities somewhat well. I guess I'm decent at the game for playing for so long lol. More than anything, I'm just hyped for Smash4 for both versions, and I want to help out the 3DS community in any way that I can (because the WiiU community won't need it at all lol).

I guess that's it about me. Hope to get to know you all well! :)

Nivler

Smash Rookie
Seth "Nivler" Camsari and you can call me Seth or Nivler . I'm from Germany and shortly 17 years old.

I recently found this page and was stunned by the amount of users. Although I was a little bit sad when I saw that there are so less 3DS players.
Thats why I'd like to help out the 3DS scene by convincing my friends and anyone else i know from the internet to buy Smash4 for the 3DS and I'm sure, if everyone here makes a small contribution the scene will grow.

Well it's nice to meet anyone of you and I hope we'll all get along with each other.

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
They call me Toph. Originally from Canada. Now residing in United States (Live in Georgia). Recent College grad. Finished in April. Now that I've got school out the way, I plan on getting back into the video game scene and smash is a good place to start. As posted in another thread, I'm more interested in the 3DS version for various reasons and I'm looking forward to it immensely. I work during the day, so I'll mostly be posting at night. Hope to talk to you guys again soon.

LunethF

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luneth
3DS FC
5327-1175-2830
I suck at stuff like this, but here we go anyway;

Hey, I'm Luneth - real name Dale if you want to call me it - and I'm a 17 year old college student in Durham (it's in the North East), England.
I'm a massive Nintendo fan and want to become a more competitive Smash player, which seems more viable now because of the inevitably better online play. I plan on maining Link (or Toon Link if he is still in this game :/ ) based on my love of Zelda (still need to beat some games as seen below). God I hope he's good in this game.

"Fun" fact - I named myself after the lesser known Final Fantasy III remake protagonist, if you didn't know.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'm Crap-Zapper but my real name is Thomas, I'm from Norway, and have been a fan of the franchise since the N64 version ;)
I'm a huge fan of the series, and still is to this day. My younger brother owns a 3DS and I borrow it from him many times, so I'm getting Smash 3DS for him, and a Wii U version for myself :)

NES Falchion

Smash Cadet
Hi my name is Ethan I am from Illinois and I have had a black 3ds since launch and a fire emblem awakening 3ds for 2 months. I have been playing smash since 2002 and started with melee then smash 64 and then brawl. I have mainly been play the legend of zelda, smash and fire emblem for last five years. I got out of high school last year and I have started college this year. I am very excited for smash and I am going to have both versions but currently my wii u is not set up and is still in its box from a week ago. So yeah sorry about this being so long but I will end it here.

Dash000

Smash Rookie
Hey all, my name is Ben and I live in B.C. Canada (near western US border). I have never played Smash except for like 15 min at a friends house, so you will probably own me. My favorite game ever is Kid Icarus Uprising (Also directed by Sakurai). I hope to get to know and become friends with you all, and I expect you all to own me, so don't let me down!

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm Dimitri. I've played Smash64 since 2000 and it was one of the first games I owned on my N64 and by far my favorite. I've never played smash competitively per se, but there was a melee tournament at my Church about a year ago in which I took 3rd. Anyways I can'twait for this game to come out so I can crush all you n00bs with Villager, LOL just kidding

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Hello, I'm Miguel from Mexico, and I started playing Smash 64 with my cousins lots of times. My first actual SSB was Brawl, and after that I bought Melee. I'm really looking forward to both of these titles. :)

Morbi

Scavenger
Hello. I am MorbidAltruism or Jacob. I mostly play with my family and friends on console. So I might get into competitive on the 3DS. The 64 game was my first. I treated it like a novelty though. It was really fun to play as my favorite character Link. He looked just like his Ocarina of Time iteration. My sister also got to try out her favorite, Pikachu. I played with my sister almost everyday. So naturally I became pretty good at the game. I treated it like a party game. It was an outlet to play as some of my favorite characters. I didn't actually have it at release though. Mortal Kombat was the only fighting game for me back in the day. I remember going to the Gamestop and "test" playing it all day. I used to be the champ at my local Gamestop/McDonalds. I used to only go to play the game until I finally begged my mom to get me the game. It was one of my favorite 64 games.

Melee was my first Gamecube game and inevitably my favorite. I have restarted my file on Melee a dozen times so I don't know how long I actually played the game. It is probably my most played video game of all time though. I remember unlocking every character. It was a really joyful experience because I hadn't spoiled anything in the game at all. Link was again my main and Pikachu was my sisters main. However, we both picked up a heavy character. I added Ganondorf and she added Bowser. I literally used to invite kids from school just to play me. My sister and I were always the best. It was one of the only games we played at the time. So mastery came naturally. We played 100's of hours. I can honestly say that I could pick any character and win against almost anyone. I had so much fun with Classic, Adventure, and All-Star mode. I collected every trophy and spent so much time trying to unlock Wolf (since he was in the opening cut-scene).

Brawl was my most anticipated titles. Delay after delay only agitated me though. In the end I was lucky that they added Toon Link, Jigglypuff, and Wolf. These are some of my most used characters. Wolf is actually my co-main. This title was just a disappointment though. I skipped playing it for 2 years. I never had the enjoyment that Melee brought. It just wasn't my game. I am getting back into it though (in anticipation of SSB). I was really disappointed by the butchering of Link/Ganandorf/ and Zelda. My sister was disappointed by the butchering of Pikachu, Bowser, and Yoshi. So we didn't play this one everyday. We did pour a good 300 hours in it though. It just wasn't the same.

I hope that SSB is the best of them all. I obviously plan on making quite the investment. Wii U and 3DS with 2 copies of the game. It had better be worth it. My demands for the game are reasonable to me. I want a Zelda redesign to her Skyward Sword version. If this means replacing Sheik with Impa, I am content. I would also like Black Shadow, Wolf, and Mewtwo to make appearances. Captain Falcon has always been a co-main along with Ganondorf. They were essentially the same to me. So a F-Zero villain would be great. I have been a huge Wolf fan since Star Fox 64. So having him back would be great. To be honest I used him more than Link. He isn't a clone despite what people who have never played him say. Mewtwo was my favorite Pokemon (along with Gengar, Alakazam, and Gyrados). So having HIM back would be great. I actually don't want Mewtwo back if they add the female Majin Mewbuu into the game. I hate the new Mewtwo so much. I wouldn't mind Little Mac though.

I plan on devoting a lot of time to this game. Hence why I am on the forums. So getting competitive shouldn't be much of a problem. I am planning on maining Link or Wii Fit Trainer out of everyone who has been revealed. I might even opt out of getting a Ps4 for this game. So I am pretty serious about getting into it. Sorry about the text wall. I just figured it would be a good way to get to know my prior experience with the games and how I feel about them. :laugh:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
^Dat wall o'text. I wonder if I can match it. Probably not. o.o

The username be mimgrim (the lowecase in the begining be important to) with a whole lotta nicknames, mim ,grim, mimmy, grimmy, mimbojet, mimmygrimmy, mimbo, bimbo, grimmim, mimbofapjet, memo. I've also had other nicknames but unless any of you have ever been on a site called Duel Academy (a YGO forum site I got on before I got bored of YGO recently) you def won't know me by them. Heck you won't even know by this name probs either. lol If you wanna know my real name, well just look at my avi he is a character from the game The World Ends With You and what his general name is (the one the everyone calls him by, not his birth name) that will be my name. Have fun with that. :p

My first SSB game was SSB64, ofc, all due to my older brother who got me into that game (and all games in general) when I was way way way young (like 3) and would constantly beat me up on that game. I then got SSBM but it was a few years after it came out and I generally just played with friends (and among my friends I was the best lol). I then got Brawl, but same thing as Melee a couple/few years after it was released and for a while I was able to just play it with friend, then I moved and after like 3 years of solo play since moving I needed to play the game with actual people again and decided to try and get into the SSBB competitive scene while waiting for SSB4. I find Brawl to be the most fun to play but I enjoy 64 and Melee quite a bit still. Though 64 outranks Melee by a tiny margin for nostalgia reasons.

While Brawl is currently my fave SSB game I ma hoping for SSB4 to takes its place. xD Usually with games like this I prefer the sequels due to them just feeling over better and smoother to play for me. Though there are other game series where I prefer older titles over newer ones they jsut don't fall under the style of how SSB is for me.

I really don't have any expactions of SSB4 that if not included will turn me off from the game. And honestly Smash on the go is alread a major turn on. So I will probably end up being happy with this game no matter what happens to it, unlike some people. :p

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I already have one of these on my profile, so I'll just c/p it.

My name is IsmaR Pete, I'm the king of the Metroid Beat, when I hear Samus UpB, I go, Chick-Chicky Boom, Chick-Chicky Boom!

Lighthearted and somewhat seriousness aside, my name is actually Ismar. I'm from Mexico, but currently reside in Phoenix, Arizona. Smashboards was actually the first community I got involved in (aside from lurking on Serebii for a while). As one could probably infer, I am a tad bit obsessed with Indigo and indigo byproducts. But as not everyone has the eyes of a hawk like I do, or use anything but the default black skin which makes it harder to read, I settled for this lesser known shade of it (indigo tile, for those curious).

My Smash and personal history on this site would be a bit of a stretch, even for me, to list/post here, so I'd prefer to limit it to the good stuff/Smash 4 tidbits. I actually plan/want to get both, but don't even have a Wii U, and my current 3DS in its semi-broken form won't do me much good for most games (the L button is permanently "stuck" and broken beyond repair. It does things ranging from not being able to battle in Pokemon (L button brings up the "move description" menu), to flying horizontally in StarFox 64 3D, to not even being able to use the touch screen at all for Swapnote). Despite all of that, I have no plans at all to miss Smash for 3DS under any circumstances. Starting school again in July (for Pharmacy Technician, atm), and I'll probably start working part-time to pay for expenses/starting saving up for Smash stuff. I've only just recently getting back into competitive Smash, and figured the moment this was announced that it'd be as good a time as ever to make a comeback.

Lastly, while I tend to have negative/pessimistic views (which are way different from "realistic" or conservative perspectives) ever since Brawl (which I actually did enjoy as much as Melee and 64, though I definitely believe it could have been better), I literally have no hopes for these games. All that means is that no matter what is revealed, or how the games turn out to be, I literally can't be disappointed. This is offset by my hype for this game, which keeps dragging me back to both the community and this site every time I think I'm done with both. Only time will tell if I do indeed stay as committed as I have been before, but I have no doubt that scene for this game will definitely make things interesting.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
My name is Phillip Jones and I live in the US
I'm also pumped/hyped for the 3ds Smash Bros. since I always thought about them making a portable one especially when we go to places and I just want to play Smash Bros xD and I guess Sakurai made my wish come true :D I'm also looking forward to competitive play on the 3ds Smash Bros. and I also hope they bring back Stage Builder :D I loved it! I hope they keep Ganondorf(there probably not D:) Wolf, Meta Knight, and Ike(there probably not also )x) I'm gonna get the day Day one and im totally gonna play the crap load out of it xD. I also love Pokemon and Zelda and Kirby (kind of Starfox) and Mario. SSBM was my first game and I would say I played it EVERY day after school and unlocked almost everything. Again I can't wait for the 3ds smash bros and I hope to play with some different people over WiFi I also check the website every day just so I don't miss any new Stage or New Characters! Btw A Kid Icarus Uprising stage is on the 3ds smash bros it was on the website on Monday. That's really all so bye!

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Hey guys, BaPr here. My first Smash game that I owned was Brawl, but the first game I played was Melee. Huge fan of Brawl, Pokemon and Sonic.

When I was younger, I played Melee at a friend's house in California. When I moved to Texas, I always tried to look for a game that had Nintendo characters fighting each other, but could never find it. Later on in my life, my sister got me Brawl. I played it for about a year thinking' "why does this game look so familiar?" You should've seen my face when I remembered playing Melee and realized I was playing the game after it.

Anyways, ever since I was a kid, I loved to play Sonic games, and loved every game it had (yes, even Sonic 06). That was when Sonic became my main in SSBB. After a while, I realized how bad I was at Sonic, and wanted to go with someone slower and at least a good projectile, which is where I got Pit. And oh my god, I loved everything about him. Since my family didn't have enough money, I never got the Uprising game, so I only played the original game, but it was a time trial on Smash Bros. I used to play my sisters with him and I owned them every time. Then I told them that they should use a faster character and one used metaknight. She was the only challenging person I had to fight in my family. It's funny though, because someone with low skill like her could sometimes beat some one with high skill like me (high skill in my family, not compared to most brawl players).

So, I was planning on getting the Wii U version, I thought it would be best to get the 3DS version, cause even though I won't be able to fight my sisters, it isn't a big loss because now they are more grown up and pay less attention to video games (unless you count Just Dance and other games like that). Since I am the only boy in a big family, video games mainly influence me and only me. Another reason is because I want the new Pokemon game too. But my favorite reason is I never cared about graphics, so the 3DS with the 3D is WWAAYY better than some highly detailed game. Sorry for rambling on, we're almost done.

I just wanted to say that, I never played competitively, but I did go against this guy (my sisters ex boyfriend) who goes to tournaments and I beat him twice. That may sound bad, but he was 25 and I was ten, so it is a HUGE accomplishment. Now you may think he sucks for losing to a ten year old, but I went to a tournament with him (just to watch him play) and he was pretty epic. Okay, sorry for getting off track. The point is, I really want to start playing competitively, and to do that, I need to start working for my own money when I get a job. Then I will hope to see all of you guys in tournament, especially you mimgrim (just naming a random person who replied here). Well anyways, Bye!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
It's nice to meet everyone here!

Gotta give this a tiny bump so more can introduce themselves, I've seen new people popping in here: let us get to know you!

GaiusK

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-1306-5225
Hello everyone. The Nickname's GaiusK, but you can skip the K. I'm from Colombia, and I've been playing SSB since I was 5, my first one was SBB64, and I haven't spent more than 1 month of my life without playing SSB at least once since then. I always played on my brother's N64 and GC, and when he went to live by himself, I bought my own Wii to play Brawl, Melee and 64. Now I have my own 3DS and I plan on buying a WiiU to keep doing the same for the next years. Until now, I haven't played SSB competitively, but I wanna get to it. I think that is all. Bye bye.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Gotta give this Social thread a bump. So far, it seems more anti social.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Well, let's socialize!

What's up guys? How was the weekend?
Mine's great I can't get off this site now......I'm attached to it but It's been awesome got my phone back so now I can make Youtube videos again...and I might get my 3DS XL this week ;D

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I found a pebble..............it was round. Anyways, don't have Brawl anymore, don't have Melee anymore, and now someone ruined the Wii! It's going pretty good.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I found a pebble..............it was round. Anyways, don't have Brawl anymore, don't have Melee anymore, and now someone ruined the Wii! It's going pretty good.
I don't even have Brawl anymore I still have Melee but my memory card won't work anymore T-T all that memory gone to waste

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Ow... Sucks that you lost your smash man...

I've been on a mini Madden kick with local football starting up, but I bet I'll be playing tons of Smash again VERY soon.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Ow... Sucks that you lost your smash man...

I've been on a mini Madden kick with local football starting up, but I bet I'll be playing tons of Smash again VERY soon.
I'm planning on going over to a friend's house just for Brawl.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
As good a time as ever to revive this, I figure. How's y'all since this lil' break started?

I'm torn on whether or not I should sell my 360 (and potentially Wii) to afford a 2DS in time to play Pokemon X/Y. My 3DS has been broken for almost a year now, (the only thing "wrong" with it is that the L button internally broke, which makes playing some games and using the touch screen impossible), so I've missed quite a bit of games on it.

As school pretty much consumes all my free time, relying 100% on portable gaming seems like the best option.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I've been working on my database and designing a board game! Strange but fun choice.

As good a time as ever to revive this, I figure. How's y'all since this lil' break started?

I'm torn on whether or not I should sell my 360 (and potentially Wii) to afford a 2DS in time to play Pokemon X/Y. My 3DS has been broken for almost a year now, (the only thing "wrong" with it is that the L button internally broke, which makes playing some games and using the touch screen impossible), so I've missed quite a bit of games on it.

As school pretty much consumes all my free time, relying 100% on portable gaming seems like the best option.

It would seem getting a solid portable would be a good idea, I wish the 2DS would be able to stream right away, I'd but it SO fast.

Top Bottom