• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smart Fox vs Technical Fox

V

Smash Ace
I'm thinking about maining Fox in PM as he's my secondary in both Melee and PM but I wanted to know if I can get away playing a M2K/Cactuar/JMAN style Fox and still succeed or do I need to have a very technical Fox with a lot of pressure a la Mango/SW?

V

Smash Ace
That's a pretty vague answer. With the shield mechanics being different from Melee does shield pressure really accomplish much or is it giving them a chance to get a big punish? If run and gun is more efficient across the board then I don't really see a reason to practice shield pressure to perfection.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
I'd recommend learning the basics of a competitive Fox, and from there, choose the route you want to take. Basically, learn waveshines and shines out of shield and stuff like that, and then make combos and learn techs based of an aggro fox, or a technical fox. I'd highly recommend making your own style and mix both.

The audience loves a good change. :dr^_^:

Last edited:

Magellan

Smash Cadet
Look at the standing of those players. They are dang good. They have different styles and are wicked good. Make your own style man! If you like M2K's style, use it! If you like Mango's style, use it too! No matter how hard you try, you can never truly play exactly like somebody, your personal style will always peek through. Just get good at SMASH in of itself and express your own style! :)

Top Bottom