• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Small Video of What Lucas Can Absorb...

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
You can absorb the stars on Yoshi's and Dedede's landings?

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Things I can think of that you missed that are absorbable:

Mewtwo's F-throw projectiles
Falco's throw lasers (this and mewtwo's were annoying to test)
Luma's star bits
Mii gunner (1111): Neutral B, Side-B, Up b, and Fair

As an interesting side note, Bowser Jr's Mecha-Koopa seems to be the only exploding projectile that CAN'T be absorbed

D

Deleted member

Things I can think of that you missed that are absorbable:

Mewtwo's F-throw projectiles
Falco's throw lasers (this and mewtwo's were annoying to test)
Luma's star bits
Mii gunner (1111): Neutral B, Side-B, Up b, and Fair

As an interesting side note, Bowser Jr's Mecha-Koopa seems to be the only exploding projectile that CAN'T be absorbed
If Mewtwo reflects anything that can be reflected in the video like in a Doubles match than yes. Not too sure what you mean on Falco though...
Tested Luma like a thousand times...couldn't absorb anything unfortunately.
Mii's....ehhhhhh (don't really consider them as characters) lol
But I am surprised Bowser Jr's Mecha-Koopa can't be absorbed.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
If Mewtwo reflects anything that can be reflected in the video like in a Doubles match than yes. Not too sure what you mean on Falco though...
Tested Luma like a thousand times...couldn't absorb anything unfortunately.
Wow ok I didnt actually test that one, just assumed they could. I thought they were energy not physical.

By Falco I meant when he does his back throw, you can absorb his laser. Along the same lines as Mewtwo, very situational... But so is absorbing Peach's 1/300 bob-omb :bomb:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow ok I didnt actually test that one, just assumed they could. I thought they were energy not physical.

By Falco I meant when he does his back throw, you can absorb his laser. Along the same lines as Mewtwo, very situational... But so is absorbing Peach's 1/300 bob-omb :bomb:
Ohhh I see, yeah Falcos Throw is all connected and the frames it takes to hit you is way to fast for lucas to do anything anyways.
Yeah never know when she will pull that out lol

Last edited by a moderator:

meetbun

Smash Cadet
NNID
meetbun
I was just playing against a MegaMan a few days ago too, he put up such a wall with lemons
and I had no idea you could absorb them! If only I had known.
Didn't realize magnet was so great!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was just playing against a MegaMan a few days ago too, he put up such a wall with lemons
and I had no idea you could absorb them! If only I had known.
Didn't realize magnet was so great!
Yeah you can shut him down pretty quick!

Muddyk

Smash Cadet
NNID
theflyingmud
3DS FC
4656-7708-6477
i have new ammunition against yoshis and D3s :D

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
This video is great but do you think you will make a video on how much percent magnet heals back from all these projectiles? Im curious because Lucas' magnet heals way more than Ness' so if you could make a seperate video on the percent healed back or link to a video of someone else doing that it would be much apperciated.

Last edited:

frozentreasure

Smash Apprentice
NNID
frozentreasure
This video is great but do you think you will make a video on how much percent magnet heals back from all these projectiles? Im curious because Lucas' magnet heals way more than Ness' so if you could make a seperate video on the percent healed back or link to a video of someone else doing that it would be much apperciated.
That info is in the Lucas research thread (incomplete, though): http://smashboards.com/threads/mystery-of-the-7-needles-extensive-lucas-research-thread.416216/

Simple thing to remember is that it's way more efficient at healing than Ness' Magnet (Bowser's flame heals 7%, Fox's lasers heal 5%), it caps out at 30% for any single projectile, and that it's only absorbing the first hit, so something like Arcthunder or Arcfire won't heal all that much. Beyond that, it's not super necessary to know the exact percentages of every absorption.

Jacques Núanáin

Smash Rookie
Lovely vdeo. Are there videos of what his zair and PK fire cancel/etc? Or just information. Maybe I'm bad at finding things because I just can't seem to find anything.

D

Deleted member

Lovely vdeo. Are there videos of what his zair and PK fire cancel/etc? Or just information. Maybe I'm bad at finding things because I just can't seem to find anything.
Thanks, I'm working on another Lucas Tech video, I will most likely put that info in there...

EmpireCrusher203

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-7161-9170
You can also absorb Cloud's Side B. Wow, losing to all those Clouds in For Glory really did pay off.

frozentreasure

Smash Apprentice
NNID
frozentreasure
Side special? Cross Slash, which writes the kyo kanji? Are you absolutely sure you didn't mean Blade Beam, 'cause I am not getting an absorb off Cross Slash no matter what spacing I set up in training right now.

D

Deleted member

Side special? Cross Slash, which writes the kyo kanji? Are you absolutely sure you didn't mean Blade Beam, 'cause I am not getting an absorb off Cross Slash no matter what spacing I set up in training right now.
Sorry for the late reply, I misread what you said lol
I'm sure it's just his Neutral Special.

frozentreasure

Smash Apprentice
NNID
frozentreasure
Yeah, probably.

On another note, I was playing with two friends and found out you actually can absorb the shadow balls Mewtwo fires out with their forward throw. Wouldn't come up much outside of maybe teams, but it's cool that it does work; if a Mewtwo (or Fox or anyone else with similar style throws) grabbed your teammate, you could potentially mitigate the damage they receive.

Top Bottom