• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Small, Light, Nimble, Fast, Short-Sword Using Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Every game has to have this class of characters. The fast, sneaky, highly mobile short-blade using characters.

My question, how many do you think will be in SSB4, and who will they be?

Melee it was Young Link
Brawl it was Toon Link.

I think SSB4 could use some better representation for this fighting style. Toon Link is kinda slow/lumpy, though. Maybe Isaac would work! :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think there will be 2nd child link again (either Classic or Toon Link) and take up that role again.

Who else?
Maybe the Prince of Sable. Possibly Roy. Can't think of anyone else.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I think there will be 2nd child link again (either Classic or Toon Link) and take up that role again.

Who else?
Maybe the Prince of Sable. Possibly Roy. Can't think of anyone else.

I'm pretty convinced Toon Link will come back considering he reps half of the Zelda franchise, but he's not very athletic. Classic Link I really doubt, cause it's just big link with less bits.

I hope Isaac fills the role, honestly, at least partially, or that Toon Link is made a bit more athletic like Young Link was.

Maybe, just maybe, a Toon Zelda/Tetra character could have Tetra cover the role with some really fancy dagger work.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Uhm, for me this kind of character was Metaknight (at least in Brawl).

EddyBearr

Smash Lord

MK seems less athletic and more fluffy/bouncy. And his blade work is a lot less elegant and a whole lot more "spin around really fast."

I like someone who has high speed and mobility, being able to come in, make a sharp attack, and get out before retaliation. Lots of tricks up their sleeves like YL's bombs, or poison, or smokebombs, are also a big bonus. YL was perfect in Melee :(

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, Meta Knight is this kind of character to a T.

Honestly I don't feel that we need many more sword characters in general, it's a fighting game, not a fencing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom