• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Small Brawlbox problem... :)

rob778899

Smash Rookie
I'm basically trying to mod the SSS (stage select screen) of my project M. i've managed to mod the big picture that appears when hovering over one of the other little portraits (like the preview pic) but the "little portraits" them selves are almost impossible for me to mod rn!

this is what happens, i open up brawl box, go to my Common 5 folder, open it up then go to my "MiscData(80)" from my knowledge, this is the folder where you mod primarily the SSS. Now, when open this folder up, and go to check out the "MenselmapIcon" ALL, and i mean ALLLLLL the little portraits pictures are almost non exsistant! I'm completely baffled, iv'e tried download various versions of Brawlbox to see if it was my own Brawlbox that was the issue, but the same problem seemed to apply to all of them. i tired different project M version also, and still the Menselmap folders would not operate correctly :(

My question to you all is:
1) what could be causing this?
2) How could i get around it? (fix it)
3) if theirs any other program out their like Bawlbox that can help me modify my SSS. (not including any Brawl Manager software)

ty for reading, and have a great day :D

rob778899

Smash Rookie
i'm afraid i don't see any folder called that, when i open my "menu2" folder

i only see:
mu_menumain.pac
sc_sel_event.pac
sc_title.pac

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
what version of P:M are you using. Since 3.5 (I believe), the contents of common5.pac has been divided into individual files placed inside the "menu2" folder.

All of the files are present for me.

Last edited:

rob778899

Smash Rookie
what version of P:M are you using. Since 3.5 (I believe), the contents of common5.pac has been divided into individual files placed inside the "menu2" folder.

All if the files are present for me.
my version is 3.5 only, it's the homebrew version

rob778899

Smash Rookie
1) must I :(. i love my 3.5 version build ;_;

2) what's that?

Last edited:

rob778899

Smash Rookie
Dont Double post. hit edit.

bb = brawlbox

You're going to be doing work modding anyway, may aswell use the final PM version.

If you use brawlsongmanager, you can export all your tracks, then import them to your new build
nvm, thanks

Top Bottom