• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slow v. Fast Lucario - Sidestep

Not-Beef

Smash Apprentice
I live on P.E.I. Never heard of it? It's in Canada
I don't know if this is old Melee mindset lag bringing me down or what, but on the first frame of movement I see I always sidestep. Lucario is right in front of me and I either cape or sidestep (I cape when I catch myself before I sidestep).

As we all know, Lucario (among others; Lucario is just the main pain) has attacks that have a bit of pre-hit lag. This is when I sidestep. The attack hits after I've returned to Vulnerable Mario.

Of course, I shouldn't completely avoid sidestepping against Lucario. He might grab me or use a quicker attack.

Any suggestions? I guess I could just stay back and use more ranged attacks or just run away all the time, but I don't want to seem like a noob.

???????

Smash Journeyman
Either try to get more used to the timing of certain characters' attack speeds or simply dodge multiple times (I've had this feeling before too).

Top Bottom