• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sliding egg throw

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
You guys probably know about this. I was bored messing around with yoshi the other day, and I noticed it's possible to slide while you egg throw. It looks pretty similar to what the yoshis do in brawl but without the pivot. You just jump and immediately up-B. The tap jump on the up-B works like a djc I think. Anyways, it seemed most useful to slide backwards and barely lob the egg in front of you. I think it would be useful against greedy sheiks that are grab or dash attack happy at 60 percent or so. It makes the egg throw a little harder to punish, but it still leaves you pretty open if they're looking for it.

Nogzor'z

Smash Journeyman
^summed it up yourself pretty well :))

*Another thing you could do using that same concept is run towards the ledge and full/short hop off the stage, then at some point during your jump you can hit up-B and to the left to cancel yoshi's momentum having him fall back towards the stage, but facing away allowing you to toss an egg far off stage and grab the edge.
I suppose it's really more of a visual trick to confuse a recovering opponent, but it still holds high risk.

Top Bottom