• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slide...Utilized ?

Captain Moose

Smash Rookie
While playing Brawl I've noticed that Sheik sort of "Slides" when dashing or rather when you just release from the dash. It may be for just a couple of frames, but I think I've utilized it into a sort of "Tactic" and while many of the people I play with automatically think I will Dash Attack them I've actually been able to time a Dash+Up Smash. Its actually a nice little tactic to have if you can time it right. Anyone else figure this out ?

will388

Smash Cadet
yeah
everyone can do a running upsmash now, its called hyphen-smashing.. though shiek DOES sort of slide when he does his, yeah

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I refuse to call that by such a stupid name as "hyphen smashing." It's just a running usmash, seriously. Doesn't need a special term for it.

Moose, what you've found was Sheik's "foxtrot," or her opening frames of dashing. I've been using it as a pseudo dashdance because she moves around pretty quickly with it.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
winning technique? its a running upsmash with a character that has a good upsamsh, of course it will get KOs if thats what ur asking. if someoen sees u running, they are most likey gona try to dodge or block, so its not like a Godly move. But yeah the slide lets u start it earlier so u can charge it for a sec and possibly move in closer/quicker than some otehr people might.

will388

Smash Cadet
I refuse to call that by such a stupid name as "hyphen smashing." It's just a running usmash, seriously. Doesn't need a special term for it.

Moose, what you've found was Sheik's "foxtrot," or her opening frames of dashing. I've been using it as a pseudo dashdance because she moves around pretty quickly with it.

yeah i dont call anything by those names either, but thats what im seeing people call it.. theres alot of techniques that i figure out on my own then realize other people discovered them and gave them stupid names

u can do some good mindgames with that technique though

Captain Moose

Smash Rookie
Thanks Peeps, I've never really gotten into the whole "naming of Techniques" But I am glad to know what a Foxtrot is now.

Shack, I've actually been able to start a pretty heavy combo with the dash+Upsmash, specially on Battlefield.

Since SSMM, I've never really been out in the open with other smashers. So I guess I'm a newb lol.

Top Bottom