• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slap waveland

Poccoishere

Smash Cadet
Not sure if this tech has been explored and I am out of the loop when it comes to the innovation of Sheik. Between Slap's full animation frames and Sheiks short hop there are 5 extra frames assuming that you don't fast fall leaving minimal but capable for human muscle memory. Is this tech worth learning?

-Spooky

Smash Rookie
You're right. If you start the fair on your first airborne frame of a short hop, you can air-dodge on frame 34 (inputting on 33.00 if you're in debug mode) or on any of the 3 (I think) frames before landing. It's very realistic to perform this with:

[tap jump + Cstick]
or..
[Y + -> A]

I think it's definitely worth learning for the purpose of WL back to bait a whiffed punish of your fair or using WL forward to extend if the fair connects.

Hopefully with some work this can be practically performed with [Y + Cstick]

$alsa

Smash Cadet
NNID
itzall1848
Yeah tap jump + C-stick would be the fastest way to do this, but I think you might be able to do this with Y + C-stick.
(Y + -> A Might be quicker but you're giving up pre-emptive DI and mobility)

Ministry

Smash Ace
was practicing this today lol. just a coincidence. i like sh fair backwards or forwards then wave landing forwards or backwards

SazoonTheBoon

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't really seem useful imo as it's really hard committal. It'd probably be just better to use fair off of ledge and regrab again

Poccoishere

Smash Cadet
Doesn't really seem useful imo as it's really hard committal. It'd probably be just better to use fair off of ledge and regrab again
This is more from a neutral game point of view where camping, and spacing is key. Slap waveland opens sheiks possible positions and hitboxes more than it hurts her. If your early slap doesn't hit then you can simply not waveland and fastfall. This tech would not replace anything but merely open up more optimization for shiek.

Poccoishere

Smash Cadet
You're right. If you start the fair on your first airborne frame of a short hop, you can air-dodge on frame 34 (inputting on 33.00 if you're in debug mode) or on any of the 3 (I think) frames before landing. It's very realistic to perform this with:

[tap jump + Cstick]
or..
[Y + -> A]

I think it's definitely worth learning for the purpose of WL back to bait a whiffed punish of your fair or using WL forward to extend if the fair connects.

Sorry been afk.

The tech itself is insanely hard to preform to the right. I use my thumb to toss the c stick right and use x for jump(how I learned to short hop, I am working on it). I am still working on my spacing in the lab and have yet to find a sparring partner where I live so I am only working on tech sadly.

SazoonTheBoon

Smash Apprentice
I play claw so it's super easy to do for me to do, but I don't think going out that far is really a good option cause sheik is very vulnerable afterwards

Poccoishere

Smash Cadet
I play claw so it's super easy to do for me to do, but I don't think going out that far is really a good option cause sheik is very vulnerable afterwards
How so? It is a waveland...You can continue her combo, retreat if you think the situation is toxic and charge needles(which is the main area where this tech may have issues). As mentioned earlier it can work as an option select where if hit waveland, if whiff fast fall.

hologram summer

Smash Cadet
I can see this being useful for

1) setting up for a grab / crossup at low (<20%) percents if you hit them out of the air when they jump at you

2) dodging a shield drop if you hit with the upper hitbox of fair (though AC fair --> dash away is probably better and easier)

3) ledgehop fair waveland

4) platform fair waveland off double jump instant aerial

5) platform fair waveland platform drop fair (if you waveland back)

though in all these cases except for (5) autocancel --> dash works just as well I think, but I haven't tried myself. it could help with sheik's relatively underdeveloped sheild pressure game

Last edited:

Poccoishere

Smash Cadet
I can see this being useful for

1) setting up for a grab / crossup at low (<20%) percents if you hit them out of the air when they jump at you

2) dodging a shield drop if you hit with the upper hitbox of fair (though AC fair --> dash away is probably better and easier)

3) ledgehop fair waveland

4) platform fair waveland off double jump instant aerial

5) platform fair waveland platform drop fair (if you waveland back)

though in all these cases except for (5) autocancel --> dash works just as well I think, but I haven't tried myself. it could help with sheik's relatively underdeveloped sheild pressure game
That is the main goal. Sadly I havent be able to do ledge hop fair waveland yet:/ havent put it fully in the lab yet(still working on my ledge work:/ ). I will have to test and see if auto cancel fair to dash is faster than the waveland(dont know why I haven't even compared the two).

Top Bottom