• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skull Kid for 'Brawl

D

Deleted member

I looked around, couldn't see any Skull kid topics... Well, here you go! This might slip off the first page but at least it's there.

Quite possible the best representation of the entire '64 era of Zelda, seeing as everyone else is going to have new models. He was in both MM and OoT, being one of the main characters in MM. He's becoming an icon of the Zelda series' darker titles, as he represents what happens when you stray from your path. Such as in OoT, the Skull kid and the other lost children of the forest are those who couldn't find their way back. In MM the Skull kid from OoT (the one you sing Sariah's Song to) is overwhelmed by the mask and his sadness, loneliness and anger is all given diabolical power to wreak vengeance on Termina. Again, he appears in Twilight Princess but with a role as important as his OoT role. Whether this is the MM/OoT Skull kid is disputed, as it would certainly make some sense.

This is because OoT, MM and TP are all in the non-Wind Waker timeline. I'm not sure if this means that that giant flood thing, or whatever it was that drowned Hyrule, doesn't happen, but the stories followed in this timeline are darker and so suited for Skull kid. A cel-shaded Skull kid just wouldn't work. I expect full-heartedly for Skull kid to return in the next main Zelda. If MM is anything to go by, I hope that TP is followed up in couple of years by a MM-type game that is as difficult and intricate plot-wise.

Skull Kid's moveset would be extremely origional, of course you'd get his MM form rather than his normal Skull kid form from OoT/TP. He'd be floaty and light, but a slow faller and be able to recover in the air using a move I'll mention later. This is because he would be able to levitate as he did in MM. I'm not too good with designing movesets like others here seem to enjoy doing, but I'm confident that it would work out if they involved a "Moon" summoning Super Smash move as well as a Song of Time move.

What's a song of time move, you ask? Well... This would be Skull kid's recovery move/B^. He'd pull out the ocarina of time, stolen for a short time in MM, and sing the tune. This would create a short burst of blue musical notes to circle the Skull kid, and elevate him upwards and downwards depending on each individual note's pitch. These would be randomized between high and low, obviously each note has permanently got a high or low pitch but the veracity of each note could be drastic or mellow. Also, anyone who is touched by the more drastic notes would fall asleep for a short time (seeing as it's Zelda's lullaby). Imagine 'Puff's lullaby move but with control over when it stops and some movement around the level. A way past it would be to attack Skull kid during a weaker burst of notes. You can stop the move any time you want and it wouldn't have any start-up lag, but letting it end naturally would let you out of the move fast whilst ending it in the middle of the song will have some lag where Skull kid is putting it away.

His other moves I'm not so sure on. His taunt could easily be like Mewtwo's spinning, but with him in a cross-legged position to finish. Maybe he would use Majora's Mask as a frisbee, maybe he could fire a blast of dark energy with the sad faces of those he effected in MM using the Mask. The only limit is the imagination of the developers of 'Smash. And as seen with Fox and Captain Falcon they are more than capable of designing origional movesets out of nothing, whilst Skull kid has a whole lot of stuff from the games to use.

Skull kid has elevated to one of the characters I want most in 'Brawl, along with Wolf and Ridley. We need more villains in 'Brawl!

SKULL KID FOR 'BRAWL!

Top Bottom