• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skarmory Moveset

Nafix

Smash Apprentice
Would brave bird be a better choice than drill peck for skarmory? i know you take recoil but with roost that could be relieved.

hyyde

Smash Rookie
Spikes
Whirlwind
Brave Bird
Roost

-----------------

Spikes
Stealth Rock
Whirlwind
Roost

-----------------

Stealth Rock
Brave Bird
Whirlwind
Roost

Any of those may be good.
I wouldn't recommend brave bird myself. Skarmory is intended to be used as a wall, and the recoil damage from brave bird isn't ideal for such a poke. Roost can help with that but I usually like to keep my skarm out as long as possible.

The only other real viable option is steel wing I've found. although I'll agree that stealth rock is a possibility.

Nafix

Smash Apprentice
Between Spiking/SRocking, Roaring, and Roosting, how often do you think an drill peck or brave bird will be used? I would think not often enough to make Brave Bird worth using. How much recoil damage does it give? But I don't want to start egg move breeding until I'm really sure which one I want.

titus

Smash Journeyman
i'd go with the last set, which is what im actually using for my skarmory. and i dont think brave bird is an issue because as long as your skarmory has 31 def iv and a good hp iv it should be able to survive an attack recoil and another attack before roost.
BraveBird
Whirlwind
StealthRock
Roost

D

Deleted member

using brave bird isnt gonna totally help you. drill peck to me just seems the best option as skarmory best picks off damage through spikes or stealth rock anyway.
roost
whirlwind/roar
spikes/stealth rock
drillpeck/spikes/stealth rock

hyyde

Smash Rookie
After spikes and/or stealth rock is out, whirlwinding switches the opponent's Pokémon. This causes the incoming Poke to take MASSIVE DAMAGE.
More importantly, if your opponent is upping their poké's stats with Calm Mind or Curse et al. you can nullify those effects by forcing the switch. That's what makes Skarm so beautiful; he's a wall AND an annoyer AND a pseudo-hazer.

Anyway, use Whirlwind, Roost, and Spikes with out a doubt, and consider stealth rock, drill peck, or steel wing for the 4th slot.

Top Bottom