• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Single Chracter Universes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A lot of series have been said to be "overdue" for a character and that in general refers to series with only one playable character. They can be sorted thusly

1. Retro Series: Only appeared once, only the main character got anything Smash-worthy. (Game and Watch, Ice Climber, ROB, Kid Icarus [formerly])
2. Spin-off Series: Applies to Mario spin-offs only for now but may include Tingle in the future. Stays at one character because they're spin-off all about said character. (Wario, Yoshi)
3. Third Party: Sakurai has repeatedly said he doesn't want to overdo and third party. (Metal Gear, Sonic, Mega Man)

and a new one

4. New Series: Any new series hasn't had the chance to build up support for more than one character. (Pikmin, Wii Fit, Animal Crossing)

The exceptions, and the ones that people want to see expanded it seems, are Metroid (if you don't count Zamus), Kid Icarus (after the reboot) and F-Zero.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Well you want to know what new series reps should enter after what we would like to see?

Well I can name a few?

Golden Sun = Isaac
Pilotwings = Goose
Dillon's Rolling Western = Dillon

But Yes, I do also want a new F-Zero rep, it's one of my favorite Nintendo franchises lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well you want to know what new series reps should enter after what we would like to see?

Well I can name a few?

Golden Sun = Isaac
Pilotwings = Goose
Dillon's Rolling Western = Dillon

But Yes, I do also want a new F-Zero rep, it's one of my favorite Nintendo franchises lol
There's already a thread for talking about new series. I was just including it because all the ones announced for Smash 4 seem to fit there.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
A lot of series have been said to be "overdue" for a character and that in general refers to series with only one playable character. They can be sorted thusly

1. Retro Series: Only appeared once, only the main character got anything Smash-worthy. (Game and Watch, Ice Climber, ROB, Kid Icarus [formerly])
2. Spin-off Series: Applies to Mario spin-offs only for now but may include Tingle in the future. Stays at one character because they're spin-off all about said character. (Wario, Yoshi)
3. Third Party: Sakurai has repeatedly said he doesn't want to overdo and third party. (Metal Gear, Sonic, Mega Man)

and a new one

4. New Series: Any new series hasn't had the chance to build up support for more than one character. (Pikmin, Wii Fit, Animal Crossing)

The exceptions, and the ones that people want to see expanded it seems, are Metroid (if you don't count Zamus), Kid Icarus (after the reboot) and F-Zero.
I think Donkey kong definantly warrants King K. Rool AND Dixie, although i will be satisfied with just king k. rool.
Every game there has been one existing series that got 2 new reps
64: pokemon and mario
melee: mario, zelda, and pokemon
Brawl: Kirby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom