• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Single Banana lock

Rel0ad

Smash Rookie
Is it a real combo?
Sorry, forgot to explain what it was (for those who dont know) Basically, its when you throw a nana then shorthop, then instatoss the nana again. it seems like this could be a help to the meta-game, but does it actually work? Or can people just roll away before u throw it again.

saberhof

Smash Master
Im having a problem with this lock, and i believe it has to do with the 2 types of tripping, one doesnt make a sound and one does..

and i can do a couple of rounds like up to 12 hits, but after that, i instant throw the banana and he slips right in place, he doesnt move...

am i doing something wrong??

saberhof

Smash Master
you probably are di'ing too late or too early so you arent fully to the other side or you're too far to the other side of him
Oh, but what does my DI have to do with the position of my opponent, all i have to do is reach certain area to throw the banana (for example: Snakes knees). or is this about timing?

Vega4

Smash Ace
So when they slip, how many frames are they invincible?...

cause i throw it right away...
If you are too close you just have to wait like 0.5 second (after they trip) to throw the second naner.

saberhof

Smash Master
Thankyou guys, i got it down 100%...

I figured out i was throwing it right next the their feet, it wasnt the invincible frames drr :p

just gotta figure out a set up...or a mindgame to get this going lol

Top Bottom