• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Since i cant go to EVO or GENISIS

NRD4toonlink

Smash Cadet
I enterd a tourney 3 days after Genisi and the list of ppl going has been made and it includes their mains and stuff. one of the ppl i am a little skepitcal about me winning gasint is a dude that mains yoshi and Diddy. Diddy happesns to be my all-around weakness. I know how to counter with G&W but i was afraid the appoaches diddy has. And also the nanerz. Should abuse the naners agasint the Diddy or sit them out till they disappear and **** diddy with off the edge tactics?

But sadly the toruneys online, and i am not the only G&W there valdens is in it, never heard of him :/.

Stages allowed in the whole tourney.
final destination, battle field, pictochat,castle siege, yoshi island, corneria, lylat cruise, and smashville.

I was gonna go lylat ,pictochat, smash ville and battle field. sound good?

And this is like my 5th tourney so far but i always placed low. I am aiming but i am taking procautions.

How should i go about my stages and fighting a diddy?

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
stages... hmm unsure I have never been one to counterpick unless its really obvious... just keep in mind that diddy's recovery is piss-poor compared to game and watch's. Another thing to take into account is how light you are, so try to maybe pick better suited stages for G&W that leave no room for self-gimping... I highly suggest battlefield because of it's platforms and forgiving ledge physics... diddy is slower than G&W and if you use his extremely high priority moves like turtle, fishbowl, etc.. you should be able to space well enough to avoid the vicious bananas.. keep in mind that you are lighter and will ko easier than a diddy... maining diddy myself as well as G&W, I find that diddy can get stuck pretty well in the G&W inescapible combos... like down throw to a to down throw to a... etc.

diddy may be a higher tier, but using your priority moves, and even using the ("""bacon""'') to help stir things up... I find myself using his regular b move and then rushing into a down throw a combo followed by a second down throw + down a (dual hammers)... also, use the fact that diddy's recovery is worse and use fairs to send him flying, and simply tactfully edgeguard him

Top Bottom