• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Since 2015 is the 20th anniversary of PlayStation, what do you guys think Sony will do to celebrate

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
PlayStation will be celebrating 20 years of epic gaming adventures, from Twisted Metal to Gran Turismo, from Madden to MLB:The Show, from ICO to Infamous, from Crash Bandicoot to Little BigPlanet, amd from Uncharted to the Last of Us,
playstation_20th_anniversary_drawing_by_supersmash3ds-d7qg0rq.png

darthnazgul

Smash Cadet
NNID
darthnzgul
Possibly another Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale for the PS4, or (something of a wild theory) a PS4 slim.

finalark

SNORLAX
Well, given that they didn't do much to celebrate the Japanese anniversary (unless you count the PS4, since that didn't come out until 2014 over there) I doubt that we'll see anything special for it's worldwide 20th.

I mean, I guess I could cross my fingers from a new Insomniac developed Spyro game. But given that Ratchet and Clank has been a roller coaster of quality ever since Up Your Arsenal and the Resistance series has never been anything worth writing home about (IMO) and their more recent efforts really haven't interested me, I'm not sure how much I'd actually like that.

D

Deleted member

Crash Bandicoot
I mean, I guess I could cross my fingers from a new Insomniac developed Spyro game.
I'm not getting my hopes up for the return of either of those franchises. Even if a new Crash or Spyro game were announced, it would most likely be published by Activision and developed by some random studio that is not Naughty Dog or Insomniac and has only made a few quality games in a sea of shovelware.

As for what I think will be done for the 20th anniversary of PlayStation, Sony will probably give us a special avatar, a static theme, and, as @ Holychicken Holychicken already stated him/herself, sales. I would be surprised if they revived a neglected franchise or announced a new PS4 model.

Last edited by a moderator:

Booster

Smash Lord
Sony will give us a new Uncharted, new Little Big Planet, Witcher 3 and Batman Arkham Knight will be released.

Oh wait, all of those got a ****ton of delays to 2015? **** the 20th anniversary, Screw You Guys I'm going Nintendo

Top Bottom