• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple and small theory about why third party characters wouldn't fit.

Geza

Smash Rookie
Well, since everyone has seen Solid Snake, they've been thinking up good ideas and pureley rediculous ideas, (Like characters, in their video games even, not even hinting that have even the ability to throw a punch) but they're still fully convinced that there will be more third party characters encluded in brawl.

I simply say no. Hideo Kojima pitched the idea about Snake in the SSBM says, but he simply couldn't of been included because the game was already pretty much complete. Solid Snake had a promised inclusion in BRAWL, and maybe the only other character we could see are Raiden and Grey Fox. I'm pretty sure Raiden could handle a Grey Fox costume (ALT) and Solid Snake could have a big boss costume.

That's my opinion, you guys are al entitled to yours.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Not considering the fact that they asked Sega about Sonic's inclusion for Brawl, so the thoughts spring forward? A game like Super Smash bros Brawl would be incredible publicity, considering it's a genre fighting game that lasts for YEARS, just like Melee did. (And still has)

I doubt they'd add Raiden and Grey Fox btw. It's kinda pointless, Snake is best alone from his own genre. Also, Raiden was a ***.

Third parties ARE the reason why we are expecting Brawl with so much anxiety...
Actually, the graphics and more characters are what's clinching it for me, the third party peeps haven't really crossed my mind so much.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
With all due respect, this isn't so much opinion as it is disregard for the facts. Sakurai has already stated that he plans on adding more third party characters. We know that they won't all be from MGS, otherwise, Sakurai wouldn't have posted all of those ideas on the Toukoken when he was listening to suggestions. In fact, a 3rd party character (Geno) was the idea that he posted the most out of any of them. Both Sakurai and Shiggy have made several (albeit cryptic) statements about Sonic, saying that he would be perfect for the game, or that Sega hasn't responded, and things like that. Saying that there won't be any more 3rd parties, or that they'll all be from one game, is just being ignorant.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
, and maybe the only other character we could see are Raiden and Grey Fox.
That really doesn't make sense to me. Why would we have additional 3rd party characters from a series that already has one character in Brawl. Don't get me wrong Raiden and Grey Fox are good characters in their own sense but i'd doubt we'd see them over other more deserving characters with a bigger Nintendo history. For example what sense would it make to take in Raiden over Simon Belmont, who got his start in a Nintendo franchise and has been a nintendo staple ever since. Plus i doubt we'd see Raiden anyways seeing as how he got his start In Sons Of Liberty. A great game nontheless, but didn't make it's way to the Gamecube.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, since everyone has seen Solid Snake, they've been thinking up good ideas and pureley rediculous ideas, (Like characters, in their video games even, not even hinting that have even the ability to throw a punch) but they're still fully convinced that there will be more third party characters encluded in brawl.

I simply say no. Hideo Kojima pitched the idea about Snake in the SSBM says, but he simply couldn't of been included because the game was already pretty much complete. Solid Snake had a promised inclusion in BRAWL, and maybe the only other character we could see are Raiden and Grey Fox. I'm pretty sure Raiden could handle a Grey Fox costume (ALT) and Solid Snake could have a big boss costume.

That's my opinion, you guys are al entitled to yours.
Actually, they can't have Raiden. Raiden has never been on a Nintendo console.

Also, we've heard this before and that is a distinct possibility, but until Sakurai, Shiggy, or Iwata say differently, there is still hope for at least 2-3 more 3rd party characters in brawl.

Besides, why would Sakurai have that Poll if he wasn't going to put in any more 3rd parties?

Besides, what's wrong with characters who can't throw punches? They would be the BEST fighters in Smash. A.) They are Hilarious and B.) they would Catch your opponent off guard.

Top Bottom