• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Similar to Ryu?

SpiceGC

Smash Rookie
I enjoy playing as Ryu, but in my community the Wii U we play on doesn't have him. Any suggestions on Smash 4 fighters with excellent combo ability, average speed, and a lot of utility without needing to spam?Thanks.

Thinktron

Smash Apprentice
The character that comes closest to Ryu would be snake... but in smash 4 i guess i would say Donkey kong

Heavy wait, average speed, lack of "spammy" moves, Dk's combo game is actually decent as well

you lose a projectile though, but gain more range.

WD40

Smash Apprentice
NNID
adamwd
The character that comes closest to Ryu would be snake... but in smash 4 i guess i would say Donkey kong

Heavy wait, average speed, lack of "spammy" moves, Dk's combo game is actually decent as well

you lose a projectile though, but gain more range.
DK and Ryu have pretty damn similar Bairs too. DKs recovery is significantly worse than Ryus though.

Top Bottom