• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Similar characters to R.O.B.?

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know any characters that play similarly to R.O.B.? I'm kind of curious since I want to play some one similar with his type of move-set but I can't think of anyone. The closest I came up with was Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
This depends on what you are looking for in a character besides being like ROB. For example, I could recommend DDD because both he and ROB are heavyweights with nice aerials, but maybe you want a very difficult guy to kill like ROB is so on and so on.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Personally I find every character but R.O.B. annoying to play as so I think no character is similair to R.O.B.
Though some characers may share some characteristics with him, like D3 being heavy or DHD and TL being campy. Shulk's Nair reminds me of R.O.B.'s and frankly Shulk's Nair is one of the few things about Shulk that feel good to me.

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
This depends on what you are looking for in a character besides being like ROB. For example, I could recommend DDD because both he and ROB are heavyweights with nice aerials, but maybe you want a very difficult guy to kill like ROB is so on and so on.
Hmm actually I didn't think about king dedede! I kinda forgot about him but yeah he kinda feels like he would be similar with his projectile and good air game.

Personally I find every character but R.O.B. annoying to play as so I think no character is similair to R.O.B.
Though some characers may share some characteristics with him, like D3 being heavy or DHD and TL being campy. Shulk's Nair reminds me of R.O.B.'s and frankly Shulk's Nair is one of the few things about Shulk that feel good to me.
Haha I can relate. I don't know why but I'm so used to R.O.B...His move-set is just so good and so...perfect that it's hard for me to use and practice with other characters. Also I can see why shulk's Nair reminds you of R.O.B.'s Nair and I too agree that's the only thing I really like about shulk other then that I don't like his move-set.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Dedes is very similar to ROB in terms of weight and speed. The general range of their moves is also pretty similar, take for instance DDD's gordo to ROB's top, and their smash attacks and aerials. Even their throw combos work similarly. Down throw into and up-air usually work very well.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I think it might be important to talk about the difference between Dedede and ROB. At least compared to ROB Dedede has a poor approach game, he has nair but that's not as good ROB's nair and lasers/gyro combo. Dedede does have better range with his jab alone beating way too many f-tilts.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I find Robin to be pretty similar, since he can use the different Thunders and Arcfire for spacing like R.O.B. does with the Laser and Gyro (respectively, of course) and also has some up-close capabilities with his Levin Sword smash attacks and aerials. Bowser Jr. is also kind of similar since he can space with the Mechakoopa and Clown Cannon and even throw the Mechakoopa like R.O.B. can with his Gyro.

Top Bottom