• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silver's Guide To Waveshining (WIP)

Guide Silver's Guide To Waveshining (WIP)

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
AudioSilver submitted a new guide:

Silver's Guide To Waveshining - A guide to Waveshining your opponent

Waveshining consists of three steps, Shine, Wavedash, and walking towards your opponent. Walking towards your opponent is important, because it allows you to Shine your opponent again.

:foxmelee: Getting Used To... :foxmelee:

Jumping Out Of Shine

The timing of when you can jump out of Shine changes, depending on if you hit...
Read more about this guide...

Kanon

Smash Rookie
Nice, will follow the progression for this guide. Also, a question, is there a reason behind using captain falco to practice waveshining? Any reasoning behind it?

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
Nice, will follow the progression for this guide. Also, a question, is there a reason behind using captain falco to practice waveshining? Any reasoning behind it?
I personally found Captain Falcon to be the easiest to Waveshine, while I was practicing.

Last edited:

Kanon

Smash Rookie
I personally found Captain Falcon to be the easiest to Waveshine.
He may be the easiest, but shouldn't you practice to go the distance that an opposing character can travel after getting hit by a shine? At least have some sort of progression where there is a character who travel the furthest is the end goal?
Just some thought.

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
I'm going to look at the distances a bit and add a progression chart, once I'm done researching.

Last edited:

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
He may be the easiest, but shouldn't you practice to go the distance that an opposing character can travel after getting hit by a shine? At least have some sort of progression where there is a character who travel the furthest is the end goal?
Just some thought.
Traction is what decides how the waveshined character goes, and also affects their wavedash distance. For example, Peach and Zelda have the lowest traction, therefore they effectively are arguably the easiest to waveshine because they don't go as far, traction isn't the only factor however. Many say Link is the easiest to waveshine due to both his weight, and traction. To be honest, when starting you want to start on easy characters, and progress to harder characters like Marth, or even start trying to thunder combo Falco and Fox.

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
Note that you don't actually have to walk out of wavedash against many characters. You can chain waveshines against peach, falcon, and ganon (along with others that I can't remember) without the walk if your wavedash is long enough.

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
Note that you don't actually have to walk out of wavedash against many characters. You can chain waveshines against peach, falcon, and ganon (along with others that I can't remember) without the walk if your wavedash is long enough.
I'll be editing that in my final version. I haven't had much time to write though.

Top Bottom