• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silverdocs official -critique my diddy thread-

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Greetings Diddy boards :)

I know not much of the Diddy community knows me to be a diddy main, but I've been using him for quite some time with ADHD training, great results, brought in the money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=344SmWAhY2U

Thats a video of my diddy vs Hypes metaknight in a money match, the second best meta in ontario. I have a lot more videos just search Doc or Silverdoc + diddy beside the name, and a lot of vids should come up.

Point of this thread: I need the really good diddy kong players out there to view my videos and tell me what I can do better or what I shouldn't do / what I'm doing wrong.

Its a great way to reach out to the community, and advice is always helpful especially when the metagame for diddy is enhancing each and every day.

ANY TIPS ARE HELPFUL. Thanks for your time guys =P

b1anK

Smash Apprentice
I watched the video you have posted there

a few things came to mind.

1. Pummel- just do it.

2. There were times where you landed a grab and threw him away but instead of pulling out bananas you chased him. Don't do that. when you fthrow him away from you retreat and pull out bananas and shoot peanuts and make him approach you.

3. On your second stock you got hit by that up-B when trying to get back on the stage. Usually when a metaknight is just standing that's a clue they're going to try and use that **** shuttle loop with invincibility frames because they know any sort of get up attack or any of that will be out-prioritized.

other than that good job. you won :3

fZk

Smash Lord
I only saw that video you posted, and here are some things I saw. As mentioned by others, pummel after grabs. In my opinion, pummel attacks are the best damage racker Diddy has since he can get so many grabs per stock. These were all missed opportunities.

Another thing, I think is fairly accepted that a fast fall bair is the best option for momentum cancel after DI'ing an attack, you airdodged all the time. Also be careful with dash attacking shields, though it only happened twice, I think.

Other than that, good Diddy. You may have ADHD training but that Diddy is not ADHD-like, so there is still lots of room for improvement.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I didn't notice you dribbling at all, that may be by choice or because you're forgetting about it :p

Instant throwwwwww!!!!

Diddy hump a bit more imo

popgun camp him :) He's MK! He may BE the best projectile in the game, but he doesn't have one!

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
I didn't notice you dribbling at all, that may be by choice or because you're forgetting about it :p

Instant throwwwwww!!!!

Diddy hump a bit more imo

popgun camp him :) He's MK! He may BE the best projectile in the game, but he doesn't have one!
Hope you mean best charactert. @_@

But like fZk said, you need to momentum cancel with Bair, airdodging doesn't help unless you're getting thrown into a hazard. Oh right, and the instant throw, I need some tips on using that too...

Dekar173

Justice Man
Hope you mean best charactert. @_@

But like fZk said, you need to momentum cancel with Bair, airdodging doesn't help unless you're getting thrown into a hazard. Oh right, and the instant throw, I need some tips on using that too...
No, he's the best projectile too. The *******.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Yeah that video is pretty old I just realized, I should have better ones being uploaded I've been doing all those things you guys are saying, except pummeling, what does that mean, iirc, juggling??

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
The attack you do after a grab for 1/2%. The first pummel refreshes moves, so it;s always good to pummel at least once. And the rest do damage. If you get like 6 grabs a stock that's like 10% with pummels.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Thank you very much guys, absolutely any criticism is intended in this thread, call me a scrub if you like too, I want to get better, as long as you guys + ADHD / Player1 help me, I won't care if I get criticized.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I agree with you being overly aggressive. There were times in there that the MK would Dair camp you and, although you did punish him most of the time with aerials, it probably wouldn't happen against an MK who knew the matchup better. Usually, when MK's Dair camp you you should get a banana in your hand and peanut camp them, but be prepared for a nado and sheild the nado (don't forget to move your shield to adjust to the nado) and then GT it OoS.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Yeah, I do that too now, but when they d air camp I usually have a naner in my hand and UGT to aerial, is that too aggressive?

I need ADHD posting in here :laugh:

Top Bottom