• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silly stage spike.

Kolbin

Smash Cadet
So, I'm very new to Lucario, but I stumbled upon a really sneaky stage spike set up that I find really fun. I don't know if it's an extremely viable technique, but I'd like to share regardless. It works on any stage with angled ledges like PS2, Smashville or Battlefield.

So it's grounded UpB horizontally across the stage >ASC right off the edge>Nair (opponent should be stage spiked trying to return to it, or occasional gimped the opposite way)> Then UpB to recover. Easy Peasy.

Also, since your opponent could possible ledge tech, it might be that you could also cancel the Nair into another aerial to trap them under the ledge.

It should be noted I haven't tried against any character who wasn't a fastfaller, but if anyone wants to do some more experimenting please feel free to add to this.

Risky

Smash Ace
Extreme Speed Cancel dragging them off stage, into Nair canceled into Extreme Speed back on stage. It's an extremely good way to gimp/combo kill a lot of characters. If you do this to someone like Marth he's basically dead at any %

Last edited:
Top Bottom