• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
Hey ya'll. Let's get the second hangout rolling! The first was fun - we got some great matches and met new D3 players, but just weren't able to do much else due to few people being able to make the event. That said, this time around let's get as many people as possible to come hang, even if it's just for 15 mins! If we get enough I'll run a Challonge bracket, and maybe a few extra things! That said...

What we need from you:
  • When: we want to stay away from the week of Christmas for obvious reasons, so what evenings between December 7-18th work best for you? To narrow things down, at the moment I'm thinking a Monday or Wednesday evening - so the 7th/9th, or the 14th/16th. What say you?
  • Publicity: any ideas on where we (you) might promote this? Reddit, facebook groups, whatever works - let's spread some D3 love.
  • Read: see below for the bit on creating an account on Smashladder and entering in your NNID, it'll save us time later :)
Old post pasted below, with a few more detailed instructions on Smashladder use.
So some have noticed that the :4dedede:boards are trending more negative lately, and we want to change that. And of course all of us want to git gud, but it's hard to find quality, live, and experienced D3 feedback. So to hit two birds with one stone...

What: a recurring evening hangout for us D3 mains/lovers/diehards! Come and hang for however long you can - 15 mins, two hours, whatever. As some structure will be needed to give this movement and purpose, see below (note that all times below are in EST).
  • Pre-7 PM: friend code sharing + casuals,
  • 7-9 PM: intentional "how can I get better" critique matches (spectators if possible) and tech testing/improv
  • 9-10 PM: a quick tourney to apply what's learned,
  • 10 PM and after: fun junk - custom stages, items, casuals, etc
Of course these are just ideas - if this goes well, there's a ton we could add - like having guest players come in to give us top-level matchup experience, create community videos, etc. The possibilitiessss...

Where
: Smashladder! To save time, please take two minutes, create an account beforehand, and put your NNID in your profile there. I'll break that down:
  1. Go to Smashladder.com and create your account.
  2. Log in, then click your name in the top right.
  3. Hit "Profile", then the "Games" tab.
  4. Scroll down to Wii U.
  5. Enter in your NNID.
  6. Profit!
It's easy to access our chatroom: just log in, then click the "+" at the top left of the main chat box, and finally type in "Dedestruction" - and you're there!

Thanks a ton ya'll, and I look forward to playing with everyone!

Last edited:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I'm glad that we are doing this again! I only got to partake in the very beginning of the other one, but I had a lot of fun!

Wednesday the 9th is best for me out of the dates listed. Fridays are the only other completely clear days, but any day I can probably drop in for at least a little bit, or at least chat with you guys.

supersage400

Smash Cadet
NNID
Supersage400
3DS FC
4897-5984-7450
In December, I'm available the 5th, 6th, 7th, 11th, 15th, and 18th, and then the 22nd and on. If it's the 7th, great, I can't wait to be there. Otherwise I'll be at work while everyone is having fun. Sadness.

Aki

Smash Cadet
NNID
Im_Aki
3DS FC
1306-5844-3434
Hopefully I'll be able to show up this time, as a European I'm 6-8 hours ahead of you guys (+1 timezone). Anything but Wednesday and Thursday works for me because I really need my sleep on those days.
If you don't mind, could you add timezones to your post Soul Train Soul Train ?

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
If I'm free that day, I'll join. I have to see how my work schedule is again this coming week of course. But, if any of you want some of that oh so valuable Mii Gunner experience I've been trying to pick the character up.

Flawed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlawedOne
16th? I'll be there. I'll toss this page around Facebook as well.

I think I can get a strong falcon to help us out in that matchup as well, would be good experience to D3's who haven't been spiked in the 1 frame of ledge vulnerability yet.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
16th should work for me if I'm not completely wiped out from my job. I play a variety of characters aside from Dedede (though none quite as well) so there's always that.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Unfortunately I will be at Disneyland on the 16th. (Wow, bet you thats the first time anyone has ever said unfortunately they are going to Disneyland), but since I'm stuck on the 3DS, I wouldn't be able to participate in the tournament anyways. I will try to pop into the chat in between rides and stuff to see how its going. I hope you all have fun!

Silly Symphony

Smash Cadet
NNID
scoota100
I'll try to be there. Still need to set up a smashladder account and upload some painfully average For Lolry matches for feedback. I hope to meet you there. If Dedede gets buffed tonight, that'd be awesome. It would give us a whole lot more to play around with.

Inb4 nerf

Last edited:

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
Tonight's the night, folks! Looking forward to talking and playing with you all. Feel free to post about this wherever to promote the event (smash Facebook groups?)

As a reminder, if you haven't already please create an Anther's Ladder account in advance and put your NNID into your profile, as detailed in the OP.

Depending how many show up, we might get a tourney on, work on matchups, try wonky custom stages , whatever. In any case, let's get some great D3 footage! Cya tonight :4dedede:

Last edited:

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
I get off of work at 7, so I'll try to join if I'm not too wiped out. Working an 8 1/2 hour shift today...

If nothing else, I can show up with my mediocre Cloud, Samus, Mii Gunner, and other assorted characters. Maybe even the great king himself. :p

supersage400

Smash Cadet
NNID
Supersage400
3DS FC
4897-5984-7450
Considering everyone thought it was going to be the night of the 16th, I wouldn't be surprised if not that many people showed up. I'm free tonight where I wasn't Wednesday, though, so it works out for me. Looking forward to it.

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
Considering everyone thought it was going to be the night of the 16th, I wouldn't be surprised if not that many people showed up. I'm free tonight where I wasn't Wednesday, though, so it works out for me. Looking forward to it.
Shoot, I mixed up my dates before, and meant to type 18th in the earlier post. The hang out IS tonight, but I do apologize to everyone! My mistake. We'll definitely have more events in the future as well if my messup made you miss this!

Also, Silly Symphony Silly Symphony , see the OP. I'll be on around or a little after 6.

Last edited:
Top Bottom