• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sign here if you're checked into Dededehab.

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
We all knew how amazing KD3 is. Tank McCannon really drove the point home with his world-famous thread. If these two combinations have forced you to check into Dededehab, sign up here.

The point of this thread is for everyone to talk about how much The (New) King has touched our lives and changed the way we will play Smash Bros. forever.

Share your stories, pictures, and experiences with everyone else here.

P.S. You know you should be here if any of these images cause you to become very agitated, excited, or bothered (in a good way).

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Where do I begin....
I've always loved Dedede. I also always liked video games, but the one that opened my eyes to the wonders of gaming was Nightmare in Dream Land. That epic boss battle with King Dedede was so awesome, at that point the toughest battle I had ever played. I hated Dedede, in my mind a terrible, evil, cruel dictator who crushed the residents of Dream Land on a whim. Still, I loved him, because he was such an amazing adversary. Once I beat the game, and it explained that Dedede was actually trying to save Dream Land like Kirby, I realized two things. First, characters in games are not always 2D and as simple as they seem, and the world of gaming is a different one entirely. Second, I realized how amazing Dedede was. He wasn't evil, he was actually a good guy! His heart was in the right place, and he did what he felt was right, he was just misunderstood and very competitive, with a friendly rivalry with Kirby (as well as easily possessed, I later found).

This being said, I hated Dedede in the anime, and it was one of the main reasons I didn't like it. This wasn't the King I knew and loved. He was obnoxious, stupid, cruel, and a genuine villain. He simply was a completely different character from the Dedede in the games, and I still feel that way. I much prefer the friendly-rival, clever, overall-fairly-good-guy from the video games to the bumbling, arch-enemy, idiotic bad-guy in the anime.

At first, I was torn between Pit and Meta Knight for Brawl. Pit quickly dropped out of the race (just not as appealing). When I saw Dedede revealed on October 25, I was thrilled to see one of my all-time favorite characters in the game, but I didn't plan on using him much. As time went on, and his special moves, multi-jumps, movements, and Final Smash (especially his Final Smash!) became known, I became more and more hooked. Then, when I started to see gameplay videos (especially his epic taunts, entrance, and victory poses!), watching excellent tutorials and reading excellent guides (I'mma looking at you BOWM and CO18), and listening to those oh-so-awesome versions of Gourmet Race and the Mt. Dedede Theme, it was a sealed deal...(plus that killer thread by Tank McCannon!)

Now that I know how to play him well (once again, Thanks to all!), I can't wait for the game!! Dedede will be the first character I use, and he will be my main for Brawl (and maybe beyond?)!!!!!!

Wow, my longest post!! That ought to count double! ;)

Top Bottom