• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SideB Chain Uses

4tlas

Smash Lord
I was able to make great use of the chain in Melee (twitching) and in Brawl (swinging/snapping), but I can't get anything useful out of it in PM. Normally when I see this question asked people redirect me to M2K using it in Melee, but I know how to do that and I can't get it to work in PM.

So, what am I missing?

_DarkLava

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I can't see it having any practical purpose other than just maximum disrespect. Do it on a recovering Falcon and watch hilarity ensue.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
AtG chain (air to ground where she keeps the chain out when you hit the ground)
You can use it to bait an approach by jumping, and if the opponent approaches with crouch cancel (e.g. To CC your AC fair et al) then you can get a Peach dsmash-level of punish by wiggling the chain under them.

Also, chain jacket is godlike but requires a frame-perfect input.

4tlas

Smash Lord
AtG chain (air to ground where she keeps the chain out when you hit the ground)
You can use it to bait an approach by jumping, and if the opponent approaches with crouch cancel (e.g. To CC your AC fair et al) then you can get a Peach dsmash-level of punish by wiggling the chain under them.

Also, chain jacket is godlike but requires a frame-perfect input.
Wiggle under them how?

Arcalyth

GLS | root
It's easier to learn how to manipulate the chain on the ground so keep that in mind. While she's initially throwing the chain hold down (and cstick down if you can manage it) so she lays it flat. Then wiggle between bottom middle and bottom right (or left, whichever way you threw the chain) quickly and repeatedly so that it hits your opponent multiple times.

Karmaic Avidity

Smash Cadet
Definitely not a Sheik main, but as your (arguably) worse half, I do have something to input. Sheik's chain does have the Chain Jacket glitch from Brawl, and it's completely applicable in game. It's just ridiculously hard to do. Once you get it down though, it's got some LOLGETREKT uses. Zhime ends up doing it in Netplay a good amount, so I imagine labbing out the tech for it wouldn't be absurdly difficult. I mean, people shine grab after all :p

Top Bottom