• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Side B

Oniperson

Smash Cadet
I could start out with a sweeping first statement, full of grandeur, top of the line rhetoric, precise communication of thought and the articulation of an Athenian god. But, I'm not going to do that. Instead you get this.

Peach side B (Melee) = ****.

Peach side B (Project M) = Useful?

Am I crazy for thinking this?

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Nope.avi
-Good reading option
-Good tech chase option
-Better range
-And HAAAAARTS :3

Still punishable of course so use it wisely.

Oniperson

Smash Cadet
That's what I'MM saying Brothah! Thanks for putting my quandaries to rest. I felt conflicted using it because I thought I would be ridiculed by better smashers but on the other hand... it was working so...

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
The move was purposely juiced with Brawl range, and decently strong, low angle knockback. It's more rewarding for the risk associated with using it, but it's certainly far from abusable.

Smo

Smash Journeyman
As a tech chaser, probably helpful to know the lengths of different characters tech-rolls. The number of times I've correctly reacted/predicted a tech and hit side B, only to fall a few pixels short is painful.

Handles

Smash Cadet
I have to ask though, why doesn't Peach'es side B hit shields? Almost every time I try to use it against someone on stage, they block, and I fly right through them, not even denting their shield.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
i feel like it would be way too safe on shields since she flies back after connecting. that would mean that as an approach, it would be extremely effectively, and peach already has a pretty effective approach between turnips, FCs, and her dash attack. it would turn into a wario situation where you would be putting the opponent pretty much into a four way rock paper scissors game except that peach has multiple tools to beat out each of your options. This attack is already amazing as a tech chase and mindgame. giving it more power would be a little broken i think.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Peach's side-b was a great recovery mixup on stages with walls in Melee and continues to be so in Project M, just saying.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
The increased range and power is definitely a big plus, good surprise attack and like others have mentioned tech-chasing is good, but in my experience it's still has pretty slow start up and is pretty punishable if whiffed.

It's kind of like Toad, a nice surprise and another tool she has

Top Bottom