• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Side B range Diddy

Dalxp26

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dalxp26
Diddy Kong has two distances he can cover with his side b. He has his normal side b and his smash b. I am having trouble doing the smash side b and i was hoping someone here can help me get better at it.

http://youtu.be/TwOEjPJWxQM?t=6m48s (starts at 6:48)
Here is what i am talking about. ZeRo explains it but doesnt go into full detail

Appreciate the help :)

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
I'm not sure of the technical specifics, but I typically just hit the stick fast to the side and while it's still on its way to the edge of the stick I press B. Hope that helps!

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Smash input also affects Diddy Kong's down special move, too, causing him to toss the banana farther.

Pheno

Smash Rookie
NNID
GrieferPheno
3DS FC
2277-7164-2088
When I was first getting into Diddy in brawl, I had difficulty getting used to this too because I had a horrible beginners habit of always DI'ing to the stage because that's the first thing that comes to mind when I get knocked off stage. If anything, move towards the stage but then reset the control stick to neutral, then input forward and b at the same time like you would a regular smash attack. Same thing like LimitCrown said too, if you smash down and b at the same time, he will pluck the banana and it will fly higher than usual. You most likely want to do this as an edge guarding move or anti air, otherwise hold down then press b so it pops up low enough for you to catch quickly with a SH aerial or air dodge.

Top Bottom